Tuesday, September 12, 2017

The Dresser that Caused a Commotion on Social Media!



I shared this photo on Facebook just after updating my booth display last month.  Questions began pouring in about the dresser...the dresser that I failed to get good photos of at home before delivering it to the store!  


I snagged this shot at the store later that week...decent but not a fabulous photo!  I decided to go ahead and share it along with the details, paint colors and techniques used.  

I was totally blown away by the response!  I do believe I had more likes, shares and comments than I have ever had on Facebook or Instagram!  Now, I am really really sorry that I didn't get more photos to share!  The dresser has since sold.  When I have another piece that calls for this look, I promise I will do a tutorial with lots of photos!  For now, here is a basic description of how I arrived at this paint finish:

I started by painting the entire dresser in a custom mix of French Linen and Pure White Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan.  On the drawer fronts only, I used the Floral Scroll stencil from Artisan Enhancements to create a random pattern, bouncing back and forth between Old White and French Linen Chalk Paint®.  I then lightly sanded over the stenciled design and distressed the edges and legs of the dresser.  After a coat of Annie Sloan's Clear Wax, I used a small brush to apply Annie's Dark Wax around the edges of some of the drawers.  I wiped back the areas that were too dark with a little more Clear Wax.  That's it!

Thank you to everyone who commented and shared my post on Facebook!  It kind of makes a girl feel like she's doing what she was meant to do...if you know what I mean?  In a world full of self doubt and second guessing yourself...a little praise goes a long way!


I am enjoying this final round of summer blooms from the garden!


A few more projects that I took into the booth last month...I used Artisan Enhancements Transfer Gel to apply the images to both the bucket and the bread board!  The table is painted in Cream Chalk Paint®.


One of my latest additions to the booth are these pillows, painted with Chalk Paint® using stencils from Artisan Enhancements...the covers are removable and washable!  There isn't much you can't do with Chalk Paint®!  I just added more designs to my display this month!  

Thank you so much for your visit!  I have some catch-up blogging to do but hopefully now that school has started I will be more consistent!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda