Saturday, February 9, 2019

Home Decor Compromise


Not long ago I took a poll on Facebook and Instagram asking followers what they'd like to see more of on my blog and social media pages. Many of you commented that you wanted to see more of my home. I'll be honest...I have been reluctant to share a lot of our home! Let's just say that it's very well lived in! One room I haven't shown you in years is our family room. It's rarely in any condition to be photographed. Not only that but...


There's a TV above the fireplace and speakers in the walls (not my choice!)
I call it my home decor compromise. I have a pretty laid back husband who doesn't complain (too much) about the excessive amount of pink decor in our home or the fact that he sleeps under a pastel floral quilt every night! So...I put up with the bulky electronics and ugly wall speakers in the family room and he puts up with my growing collection of girly throw pillows. It really is true love.

I must say that decorating the mantle around the TV is a challenge. I do my best. Recently I picked up a set of wonderful old books from a fellow vendor at Camas Antiques. The 15 volume set is called "My Lady's Library." They were the perfect color for the mantle and the bindings are beautiful.


I am pretty sure this is the 1895 version of Fifty Shades of Grey. One of these days I'll get around to reading it. I'll let you know if it's as scandalous as it sounds!


Boots showed up to join me for my little photo shoot this afternoon. I just love his handsome blue eyes! He's just as sweet as he looks.



If you follow along on Instagram or Facebook, you may have caught a glimpse of this little art board I created for a Downtown Camas fundraiser called "Little Art Camas." 

I used painter's tape to paint the stripes in Annie Sloan's Paris Grey and Old White, then created the raised relief with a stencil and VP Antico from Artisan Enhancements. Once dry, I lightly sanded the stencil relief, then added a Bio Savvy stain glaze in Dark Walnut. Finally, I applied gold foil with Artisan Enhancements Leaf and Foil Size and sealed the entire piece with AE's Clear Finish.

All of the local artist's works were displayed gallery-style last night for a very fun event. A very dear, long-time friend of mine showed up to buy this piece after seeing it on Facebook. 
I hope she got to take it home with her!

Thank you for your sweet visit!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda