Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Rabbit Hole of Entertainment for the Interiors Obsessed


I've recently been down a rabbit hole and it's so dreamy and intertwined and inspirational that I just don't want to resurface! I thought it would be fun to share my latest discoveries here for anyone looking for entertainment of the home decor variety!


It all began at the beginning of quarantine when Rachel Ashwell started her Instagram video series talking decor, flowers, business and all things Shabby Chic. Once restrictions in England started lifting she took us on virtual tours of her friend's beautiful homes from London to the English countryside! So absolutely lovely! If you haven't already discovered Rachel's IGTV stories, you can find them here.


One of Rachel's tours led me to ordering this book by her dear friend, Pearl Lowe who's home is one that Rachel tours on IGTV. It's beautiful and quirky and real. Unlike so many home decor books, there's nothing stuffy or contrived in these interiors. After having read this book cover to cover, I was delighted when Rachel visited Sera of London in one of her IGTV episodes, as Sera's whimsical London flat was one of my very favorite homes featured in this book!


My other favorite IGTV segments have been "Annie talks to..." where Annie Sloan interviews fabulous designers and artists and we get see little glimpses and sometimes full-on tours of exceptionally artful homes! This is where I was introduced to Sophie Robinson and Kate Watson-Smyth...I'll come back to them, but do check out Annie's IGTV here.


Sophie Robinson was one of the hosts of the earlier seasons of The Great Interior Design Challenge. I absolutely loved this show! Aspiring interior designers are challenged with making over rooms in everything from English country cottages to full-on castles! It's quite addicting to watch. There are four seasons. Unfortunately it's hard to find and I ended up having to subscribe to an extra channel via Amazon Prime to watch, but it was well worth the extra $5.99.


Somehow or another the British interiors rabbit hole led me to The Great Indoors Podcast featuring once again, Sophie Robinson and Kate Watson-Smyth! This has been my latest obsession, a delightful, informative and often hilarious conversation all about decorating your home to reflect your personal style! I recently came across an episode where Kate and Sophie tour Pearl Lowe's home! You might be wondering what a home tour on a podcast looks (sounds?) like. It's actually far more entertaining than you'd think!

If you have an interiors related podcast, TV or IGTV show that you love, I would love to hear about it! Please email me a link. I am always on the hunt for inspiring entertainment!

Thank you for your sweet visit!

With Love,
Amanda