Sunday, August 19, 2018

Street Faire Projects...It's Crunch Time!

The Downtown Camas Vintage & Art Street Faire is less than one week away!  It really is crunch time and I am checking projects off my list left and right!  I thought I would take a moment to share a couple of my favorite projects with you.  


This started out as a $2 cupboard door, plain as can be!  I used Artisan Enhancements Transfer Gel to apply the beautiful image.  The image was a digital download I purchased on Etsy and enlarged and cropped to fit inside the cupboard door.  I added the "frame" with pieces of appliques I had in my stash and then painted it in Old White Chalk Paint® followed by Clear Wax, Dark Wax and Gold Gilding Wax to highlight.  




 I have had lots of questions about the transfer process I use since I shared the cupboard door project on Facebook and Instagram, so I thought I would include my Image Transfer Tutorial Video in this post.  I hope it sheds some light on the technique for those of you who were interested!


Earlier this week, I also shared the above collage of photos.  I used the photo from Pinterest for inspiration when transforming my hardware that was just a little too new for the look I was after for my dresser project.   I used Annie Sloan's Graphite, Florence and a little Lem Lem, followed by Dark Wax and a hint of gold gilding wax to recreate the patina'd effect.


And here is the completed dresser!  The color is a little darker than it appears in the photo.  I used Scandinavian Pink, Country Grey and Old White...a mix of the three and then a bit of blending in some areas.  After a coat of Clear Wax, I accented with Dark Wax and highlighted with Gold Gilding Wax.

I look forward to this event every summer!  Although I still have loads to do before Saturday, I feel like things are finally falling into place.  Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram for more project updates and sneak peeks!  If you're local, I do hope you'll join us on Saturday!  It is such a fun day and I love visiting with everyone who stops by my booth!  Hope to see you!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda