Monday, November 30, 2015

Christmas at The Shop




Once again I am playing catch up here after a very busy month at the store!  Thankfully I took lots of photos of my booth display.  It sure has undergone a lot of changes this month!


This was photo was taken just before the annual Holiday Open House at Camas Antiques.  It was a very busy weekend at the shop!


I really tried to focus on having plenty of smalls to offer in my booth.  I often get so caught up in painting furniture that I run out of time to spend on those little creative touches.  These ornaments turned out prettier than I had imagined and they were so much fun to make.  I need to order more supplies so that I can craft up some more for my own tree!

I was so happy to have a back up dresser waiting in the garage when my first dresser sold!  I added the applique to this one, changed out the knobs and painted it in Old Ochre.  After a little distressing, I sealed it with Annie Sloan's Clear Wax.  I wish I would have gotten a few more photos but there was just no time!


Bringing the new dresser in meant shifting things around a bit.  I actually like this look a little better than the first!


I had no idea what I would do with these cute rusty chairs when I bought them.  It was when I realized that I was short on surface space to display my smalls that I thought to attach a shelf and hang them on the wall!  


I added loads of vintage flatware to my display and so much of it has sold.  I am always on the hunt for more!


I really love how this display board turned out!  It started as a discarded cabinet door.  After layering a few colors of Chalk Paint® along with Artisan Enhancements Leaf & Foil Size, Gold Leaf and Crackle Tex, I did a little stenciling in Graphite and added the cast iron hand.


This formerly oak sofa table worked so perfectly in my booth!  I wish I could have held onto it a bit longer.  It too has gone to a new home!


Here is my sweet Gretta kitty showing off the details of the paint finish on this piece.  I layered Graphite, Old Ochre and a little French Linen to achieve this look and sealed it with Clear Wax.




The bed, the little cream table and the pink wardrobe are the only furniture pieces left in my booth at the moment!  I am working on some new pieces and plan to restock mid-week!  Stay tuned!


Thank you for your sweet visit!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda




Sharing With:
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours
What's it Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants