Thursday, March 14, 2013

Easter Decor Au Naturale


Although I still love most of my sweet little ceramic bunnies and chicks, I found myself putting out fewer of them for Easter this year.  I have been drawn to a more natural look for Easter and Spring decor.

 
This old tiered server is tarnished and rusted...beyond being suitable for holding food.  So, I had fun transforming it into a mossy spring display.  The eggs could be swapped out for air ferns, succulents, mini pumpkins, pine cones, etc. as the seasons change.

 
I took apart a few store bought nests, replaced the brightly colored plastic eggs for real ones (insides removed of course) and swapped the raffia stuff for soft green moss.  I added a few dried hydrangea flowers to this one, but most I kept very simple.
 
 
 I had a couple of these pedestal dishes tucked away and I think I found their final purpose.  I am loving the combination of the rustic nest with the fancy vintage gold metal base.
 
 
I think this tiny basket once held salt and pepper shakers. 
 
 
 I went looking for some fun vintage images to make tags for my Easter crafts and of course found exactly what I was looking for and more from the Graphics Fairy!
 
 
And I thought you might like to see where I've been getting all of my pretty eggs...  This is my mom's charming little chicken house!  I have been collecting the eggs from her brood of pampered hens this week while my parents have been away.  It has been fun but I am so looking forward to mom and dad's homecoming today!
 
Thank you so much for your sweet visit!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
 
 
Sharing this post with these fun link parties:

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

18 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love your natural decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very, very pretty. Sometimes natural is the prettiest of all- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little Easter nests are so lovely, much prettier to use natural materials. Love the little eggs in the moss basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the fanciest chicken house I've ever seen! I adore your sweet nests, especially the egg in the tiny little basket. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty! How lucky for you to get such pretty eggs :) Love the pedestal nest, and your vintage labels. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo . . . beautiful. You are so very talented. Blessings to you, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous display--I'm going to try out some of your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your post! It inspired me to go out and buy some Eggs, Birds, Fillers and I put together some spring & Easter things for our shop.
    We are going out for my Granddaughters Birthday on Monday and coming out to Camas so we can shop and get to see your booth.
    Love your stuff, I get your blog in my email and its always inspiring!
    Thx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! I also love your Mothers Chicken House! I'm going to pin it to my Extra Room for your Cottage! (These are little cottage rooms I want to build)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suck sweet little decorations! I love them! Love your parents' chicken house too! Happy Easter! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  11. So soft and pretty...a nice way to bring in spring! Beautiful displays as always!

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your more natural Easter decor! Very pretty displays and the eggs are great colors too! What a beautiful chicken coop as well. Have a great week. ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so my style Amanda! Just lovely!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute!
    http;//www.beautybootnbits.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!