Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Vintage Vanity Ready for the Faire!

 
I just love vanities.  What an elegant, feminine piece of furniture.  They are for sure one of my favorite things to paint...and are almost just as much fun to accessorize, stage and photograph!

 
This vanity was purchased from a friend.  It was her grandmothers and although she would have liked to have kept it, she didn't have the room for it.  I was thrilled when she called me asking if I would like to buy it from her before she listed it on Craigslist.  Competition on Craigslist is fierce these days, so I always appreciate a head's up from a friend when a special piece is about to become available!
 
 
There was no bench to go with this particular vanity, but shortly after I brought it home I found this darling little piano stool!  At first they seemed an unlikely pair but painting them really pulled the look together.  This pale lavender is a Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint by Annie Sloan mix of Paloma and Old White...I didn't measure but I would estimate 1 part Paloma to 2 parts Old White.
 
 
The body of the vanity was done in Old White and I accented some of the details in my custom lavender color, tying it together with the lavender stool.
 
 
After some light distressing, I used Annie's clear and dark waxes to give my paint finish a polished, professional look and feel.
 
 
The hardware was also painted with Old White, distressed and waxed.  I am so pleased with how it turned out.
 
 
 More often than not I will leave vintage hardware alone, but these pulls were just too dark against the creamy white drawer fronts.  Painting them with Chalk Paint® was really the way to go!
 
 
I completely covered the insides of all three drawers in pages from a vintage hymnal.  It was a fun little project and I just love the special touch and added charm!
 
 
This pretty vanity is all ready to go to the Vintage Street Faire in downtown Camas on Saturday!  It's sure to be a lovely day for treasure hunting!  If you're in the area, please come by!  I will be doing a Chalk Paint® demo at my booth during the event!  We will also be taking reservations for the next Chalk Paint® Workshop at Camas Antiques, scheduled for Tuesday, September 17th at 7pm!
 
Thank you for your sweet visit!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
 
 
 
Sharing with...
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
 Furniture & Paint Party at Start at Home