Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birthday Outing to Monticello Antique Marketplace

Hello Blog Friends!  The busy hustle bustle of the birthday rush at our house is over (until May) and I finally have time to sit down and write a post!  I can't believe it's been more than a week since I last blogged!  As soon as my birthday was over, I kicked it into high gear planning a Star Wars themed surprise party for my now 5 year old sweet boy!  The party was a huge success.  Hubby took a very active role in planning and prepping...I couldn't have done it without him!  The boys went out for lunch and golfing with grandma and grandpa before the party, which gave us the time we needed to decorate.  Everyone invited was able to come (when does that ever happen?)  So, we had 15 kiddos!  The house was packed but everyone seemed to have a good time.  I picked up a lot of fabulous (easy and cheap) party ideas from some amazingly creative mom blogs.  The kids enjoyed drinking "yoda soda" and attacking buzz droids (balloons) with light sabers (pool noodles).  Fun fun fun.

Now that the house has been put back in order (de-jedi-ified), I can't wait to tell you about my lovely birthday outing with my favorite shopping buddy...my mom!  I carried my camera along with me in my big new pretty pink purse (from dear hubby!) so that I could share my special day with all of you!

 We started our day at Starbucks...where else?  And just look what was there waiting for me in the glass case...
Isn't this the cutest little donut you've ever seen?  It's called a birthday donut!  Really!  And it has pink icing!  I had to have one.  I'm sure the other Starbucks patrons thought I was ridiculous snapping away photos of my little treat!  Mom and I did a little shoe shopping before we headed to Monticello Antique Marketplace to check out the big spring show!  If you live in the Portland area and are growing weary of the grey, soggy days, go check out the spring show at Monticello!  It's so bright, cheery and full of spring inspiration that you'll forget all about the rain outside!
Loving this amazing display by Worthy Goods!


So much to see in the lovely space of Annie, Fannie and Abigail!


I'm sure you all know Kathleen of Faded Charm!  Her booth was looking so beautiful!  I would have recognized her space, even without the cool sign!  She has such a distinctive style!



I am always drawn to the pretty pinkness of Lisa's "A Think for Roses" lovely space!



The more I look at this photo, the more I think I should have bought that beautiful barkcloth pillow!  Isn't it sweet?

Love these hand made necklaces too! 
One last little glimpse of spring goodness before I sign off!  I'd sure love to return to Monticello soon as there is so much to see and never enough time to soak it all in!  Thank you for joining me on another fun shopping expedition!  Lots of lovely inspiration, don't you think?

I hope you are having a wonderful week and are all ready to celebrate Easter this Sunday!  I can't believe it's that time already!  I didn't even get all of my decorations out...but I am kind of enjoying a bit more of a simplistic look this year.  What am I saying, our house looks like Easter year-round!  Do we really need to add any more bunnies to the decor!  I do love them, don't you?

Thank you for your sweet visit!  I look forward to seeing all of your Easter goodies and reading about what my blog buddies are up to this week!  You all inspire me so much.  Thank you! 

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

I will be joining in on these fun link parties:
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Treasures and Transformations at Pink Postcard
Inspiration Friday at The Pickett Fence
Show and Tell Friday at My Romatic Home