Thursday, August 11, 2011

Beach Trip Inspired Kitchen Cabinet Makeover

A weekend camping trip to Newport, OR has left me in a bit of a beachy mood!  I decided to freshen up the corner kitchen cabinet with white, silver and a splash of aqua for a bright, summery and coastal feel! 
The Glamis Castle roses are in bloom and spread throughout the cabinet add romance to the vignette, not to mention amazing fragrance!
I found a few of these sweet little silver frames while out thrifting this week.  I'll work 2 of them into a display for the shop and keep one for home for my favorite photos from last weekend's beach trip.
I have a couple of confessions to make.  First of all...I actually shimmied this cabinet out of it's corner and up next to the window in order to maximize the best lighting for photos!  I don't know how some of you talented photographers get such wonderful photos of rooms in your homes!  Do you have professional lighting equipment?  The only place I am successful getting photos is right up next to the window.
I also wanted to share that this grouping is put together primarily with badly chipped, cracked and broken china!  These were pieces that I either bought without checking over carefully enough (happens all too often) or that were too pretty to pass up in spite of their imperfections!
The teacups all have chips or cracks but came in sets with several that were in perfect condition.  I sold the perfect ones, and kept the others.  For some reason I have a hard time throwing out chipped or cracked china.  In this case, I'm glad I held onto these pieces...I am enjoying my pretty cabinet display put together with discarded treasures!
I paid $1 for this gorgeous old Limoges gold and white pitcher.  It has been broken and poorly repaired.  Thankfully, the repair shows only on one side and it was fixed well enough that it holds water and makes a beautiful vase!
Here are a few of my favorite photos from our beach trip!  It was mostly a little chilly and windy but we enjoyed one warm sunny afternoon in the sand and a lot of time wrapped up in blankets next to the campfire roasting giant marshmallows!
Thank you for your sweet visit today!  I'm sorry I'm a bit behind in posting this week!  I'm sure I don't have to tell you moms out there how much work it is taking little ones camping!  Four days later and I am still doing laundry, putting camping gear away and cleaning sand out of shoes and bags!  I am sure the memories made are worth all of the efforts!  That's what I keep telling myself!  I'm off to fold more laundry!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

I'll be joining in on these fun parties:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Transformations and Treasures at Pink Postcard
Treasure Chest Friday at White Ironstone Cottage
Inspiration Friday at The Picket Fence
Home Sweet Home Friday at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home