Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pink and Gold Chandelier and a Glammed up Pumpkin

 
Finding a chandelier at a good price to redo and sell in my booth is always a thrill!  Not only are chandeliers great sellers, but I love having the extra lighting in my booth!  This one is vintage and had a pretty unique finish to start off with.  I'm not going to bash the finish...it was funky cool, but not quite right for my aesthetic.  I first gave her a couple coats of Antoinette Chalk Paint®.
 

Now, I used to despise the color gold.  Everything was silver in my wardrobe and my home!  Anything gold that I came in contact with received a coat of paint...almost instantly!  Things change.  Now I loooove gold...especially that rich, soft, vintage gold!  I recently purchased a small jar of French Gold Gilding Wax from The Purple Pear in Portland.  Wow!  I am having fun using this wax to accent my painted pieces.  However I must admit that I have been spoiled by Annie Sloan and Artisan Enhancements products with their no odor, low VOC "green" properties!  I am so used to getting right into a paint project smack dab in the middle of my kitchen.  It didn't dawn on me that I would need some ventilation with this gilder's wax.  Lesson learned!  Next time, I'll be taking my project to the garage or patio when I get to the "gold" accents!  I added the gold to this chandelier with a small brush.  It went on beautifully and I love the combination of it with the soft pink!
 
 
 Originally the chandelier had a few amber glass baubles.  I must have removed them before I took the "before" photo.  I couldn't pass up the opportunity to add some bling to this pretty piece, but I was in too much of a hurry to get her completed and hung in my booth to wait around for an order of chandelier crystals.  Thankfully a good friend and fellow dealer from Camas Antiques had some she was willing to part with.  Thank you, Mary!!!
 
 
 This isn't the first chandelier I have painted with Chalk Paint®.  Usually I finish them with Annie Sloan Wax, but this time I opted for another product.  Artisan Enhancements Clear Top Coat Sealer is a great product that works well with Chalk Paint® because it is a quality, no-VOC product.  It dries clear and with a matte finish which is just what I wanted for this piece, and all I had to do was brush it on!
 
 
Now I think she is perfect for any shabby chic/romantic home décor!  And so she's off to Camas Antiques where she is welcome to hang out in my booth for as long as she like!  I don't think I could get tired of her.
 
 
Last week I shared this pretty pumpkin on Facebook.  It started off as an inexpensive, foam pumpkin from Walmart.  I painted it with Pure White Chalk Paint®, pushed Artisan Enhancements Fine Stone through a stencil to create the raised design, and then accented it with the Gold Gilding Wax.  So far it's the only Fall decoration I have out in our house!  Time to get those boxes down from the attic and start decorating!
 
Thank you so much for your sweet visit!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
 
 
Sharing With:
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours
 Friday's Unfolded at Nancherrow
Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound