Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Christmas Tea Tablescape

The Women's Ministry at our church is having their first ever Christmas Tea and I am so excited to be hosting a table!  Of course the part I enjoy most (aside from the quality time with my sweet gal pals!) is pulling out all of my pretty teacups and dishes and borrowing pieces of decor from around the house to put together an elegant and inviting table!  In the interest of being organized and having a purposeful plan, I spent some time this morning doing a "mock up" of my "Shabby Christmas Cottage Tea Table."  I also figured that this would be the only way I would get good photos of my table setting to share for Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch!  And I am sure I'll be too busy gabbing with friends Sunday evening to take pictures and probably won't even remember to bring my camera!  (hold on...writing myself a note to remember my camera!)  With all of the hustle and bustle of the week before Christmas, I hope you'll take time for a cup of tea with a good friend!  I think we could all use exactly that kind of a relaxed moment right about now!  Don't forget to serve that tea in a bone china cup...it doesn't taste quite as good any other way!

































I just couldn't help but share one more tablescape with you.  As I was setting up my tea table in the dining room, my little guy set up his own tea party in the adjacent living room!  He happily poured cheerios into cups for his special kitty, bobcat and tortoise for at least an hour!  I don't know how I ever could have set up and photographed my tablescape this morning had he not been so content entertaining his friends!



 Thank you for your sweet visit today!  I love reading your comments!  Please visit Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday!  I am also linking up with my Friday favs...Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground, Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage and Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home!  Of course I'll also join in on Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound!Please check them out when you have a free moment...you won't be disappointed!  Promise!

Merry Christmas, Best Wishes and Many Blessings to you all!
Amanda

34 comments:

  1. This is too beautiful for words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed every pink element! Thank you for showing the softer side of holiday entertaining! I'll be back again soon!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is gorgeous! My best friends daughter is getting married outside in the spring. This is the look we are after for her tables. I love it and plan to share this with her. Love your blog, too. Following!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay - I seem to be having trouble "following" so I just added you to my sidebar. I'll try again later, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! Our church ladies are having a Christmas tea this Saturday. We are exchanging ornaments. I felt so lucky to have found a porcelain teacup and saucer ornament! And, I'm including the "Teacup" story, such a good reminder. If I have time I'll make some teacup cookie cutter cinnamon ornaments to include.
    Merry Christmas! ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your table is beautiful -- so lovely and feminine! But that last photo was PRICELESS! I know you'll keep that one for years, if not forever! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty, pink Victorian table. You have such lovely pieces.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your tablescape makes me feel merry and bright!

    Seasons greetings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely tea things you have. Very pretty and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your table setting is absolutely gorgeous... love all the pinks too!! I'm your newest follower!
    Blessings~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, be still my heart! I am going to copy this beautiful idea for Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how lovely! What is that a handle to? It took my breath away! And love love love all the roses! And I'm your newest follower *winks* Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your certainly going to have the Prettiest Table at your Christmas Tea & you really have the Sweetest Little Guy, Love that he is Sharing with his buddies...
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty tablescape! Blessings on your ministry event, they are sure to love your table. Have a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!

    http://jeanneselep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hosting a table is so much fun. I did it once. Yours is very pretty. You little boy having tea w/his friends is about as cute as it gets.

    Please visit me too...monah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty in Pink~~love your tablescape!

    Happy PS and have blessed holiday with your family...

    Smiles and clink- clink our teacups,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your table is beautiful
    Happy pink saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my gosh! Nearly hyperventilating .. your china & teapot is over the moon fabulous! I love it! And your table setting ... sweetie, I keep going back up to ABSORB the elegance of it all. Just BEAUTIFUL!

    Merry Christmas ~
    Happy Pink Saturday ~
    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful job! Everything looks beautiful. I love, love pink dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. All I can say is gorgeous!! I love all your beautiful china. I love your table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are a woman after my own heart! Absolutely gorgeous. Your blog is beautiful, too. And I'm now your latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello sweetheart! Ohhhhh this is mighty pretty if I do say so myself! I love the golden hand place holder and all the pretty china! The bow on the end of the table is the perfect touch! I am so fond of all of my bloggy buddies! Isn't it fun! Your little guy is just too cute! I captured the same thing with my kiddos this summer! Tee Hee!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  24. soooo pretty and charming! I love the strips of music in the brass hands! Thanks for sharing and Merry Pinks to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved all your photos. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pink teapots and warm steaming cream, china cups with sugar lumps, cupcakes and icing dripping like candy, children with bunnies wearing warm PJs, music notes in praying hands, Christ and church bells, THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS done up so grand,then I don't feel so bad. I knew it a minute how blessed you are; keep sharing your gifts and talents. Merry Christmas Amanda -- My china cups come out of the sideboard in the morning. Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely beautiful table and setting! I love the tablecloth-and your darling teacups- gorgeous! But, have to tell you, your little guy stole the show... sooo cute! I love it. Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday- Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So lovely. The pink luncheon plate with the cartouche design around the rim is a spectacular piece...Coalport? Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving that sweet comment. That tablescape is swoon-worthy! You had me at the sheet music accents. Hope you have a great holiday!
    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your table scape, it look so inviting, we all need to take time to share a cup of tea. Merry Christmas my friend. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  31. You know I love pink and I just joined as a follower Merry Pinkmas!
    Marie Arden Pink Living

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!