Monday, December 13, 2010

An Update on my Display

 I spent some time at the shop yesterday rearranging and "fluffing."  I was thinking that it had been a while since I'd last posted about my little room at Camas Antiques, so I thought I would give a quick update. 
It is always such an honor when something from my space is chosen for store's front window display!  See my big Doll House on the right!  Moving it out of my space prompted the rearranging and fluffing...but it was in need of some attention anyways! 



Sorry about the glare on the window...I didn't have my good camera with me and this was the best I could do.



This is the view from the entryway of my space.  I've been adding vintage lace here and there as I find it.  Many of the amazingly talented dealers at the shop are papering their walls with different mediums that fit their personal style...such as burlap, old book pages or sheet music.  I just love the look and the idea of covering up the blue pegboard.  I decided that lace fit my style well and I happened to have a lot of scraps by way of stained and tattered vintage tablecloths.  I just love finding a use for something that might have otherwise been trashed!  I'm not finished covering the walls quite yet...still on the lookout for more vintage lace!












 
 
Okay, so now that things are refreshed at the store, I can get back to stressing thinking about my Christmas to-do list!  Lot's of fun things...just so many of them to do and so little time!  I am sure you can all relate!  I am getting better at prioritzing my time.  Some of the projects I had hoped to complete this year have already been postponed until next year.  And I am okay with that!  I've decided it's better to reserve some time to enjoy Christmas and reflect on it's true meaning instead of running around trying to do everything and please everyone, all the while exhausting myself and forgetting to focus on celebrating the birth of our Savior (talk about exhausting...that was one long, run-on sentence!)  I hope you will all take time to slow down and truly enjoy yourselves during what so often ends up being a hectic and stressful season.

Thank you for visiting today!  I am linking up with Faded Charm for White Wednesday.  Please follow the link for lots of lovely photos and posts!  Merry Christmas!
Best Wishes and Many Blessings,
Amanda

7 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda! Thanks so much for joining Second Chance Tuesday! I LOVE your space.... it is soooo pretty.

    This is a fun time of year to enjoy being a dealer! Hope the Dollhouse sells right away.

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    I'm really liking how you've used the lace for the walls - it gives such a soft and glowing look to your space. I'm with Jillian - I hope your beautiful dollhouse sells quickly!


    ~Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks absolutely gorgeous. I love all the white in your Christmas displays. I love the idea of the pom-pom snowballs. How clever! My boys would love those.

    Thank you for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments. I've seen you (I think it's you :o) ) coming through with your basket of goodies to fluff your spot at Camas Antiques. You rock the back room...I love your displays. I'm a pink and rose girl too, although you wouldn't know it from my display right now :).

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    Blessings -

    Christa
    Chloe Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,

    I love old lace and covering walls with it and the other papers is a wonderful way to transform a space...of which by the way is very pretty.

    I so agree about taking the time to remember the reason for the season. I've actually done very little this year in the way of decorating...just so many other things going on.

    I wish you a wonderful White Wednesday and it's so nice to meet you!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your space looks very sweet. I got an idea from another vendor to use a bare shade on a lamp like yours to display necklaces.
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister and I were on the phone while drooling over all your beautiful pictures! lol Your little boy is so precious having his little tea party I can hardly stand it! Your house is gorgeous and you have amazing china and serving pieces. I have thoroughly enjoyed my visit tonight. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Merry Christmas!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!