Thursday, December 8, 2011

Please Join Me on a Little Holiday Home Tour!

Christmas has officially arrived at our house!  Please join me on a photo tour...I'll try to keep the commentary to a minimum!  I just have to point out a little gift I bought myself this week!  The vintage birdcage stand you see here, I picked up to hang my mini chandelier from.  This is the chandelier that has been hanging in my space at the store with a "display only" sticker on it for several months.  I am so happy to finally have a place for it at home!  The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is turn on the chandelier, and the Christmas tree lights!  It's pretty in the daylight... 
But it really sparkles at night!
I also wanted to mention that I've made some changes to the furniture arrangement in this room since I received some wonderful advice from those of you who commented on my "Design Challenge Feature" with Debra at Common Ground!  Of course it looks a bit different when the tree isn't here, but the idea of a cozy grouping of furniture nearer to the fire has made the room so much more comfortable and inviting.  I am still on the lookout for a few key pieces that were suggested.  Thank you once again, Debra for featuring my room!  I plan to post more updates as I continue to make changes here!
We opted for a Frazier tree this year.  I still prefer a Noble, but this one trimmed up nicely.
Instead of ribbon, I used torn strips of natural muslin to dress up the gifts this year.
Moving onto the dining room...

And into the kitchen...
Decor on the Pantry door...
Candlelit kitchen window sill...
Looking in on the breakfast nook and family room...
On the family room mantle...
We are all more than a little excited around here about the quickly approaching holiday!  Here I captured Bootsie intently staring at the Christmas clock!
And that brings our little tour to an end.  Thank you so much for joining me!
Best Wishes and Blessings to you and your family, this Christmas season and always!
Amanda


I am thrilled to be joining in these fun parties and can't wait to make my way through blogland to be inspired by all of the talent and creativity being shared this week!


 "Vintage Christmas" Block Party at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday Holiday Vignettes at French Country Home
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Christmas Trees Block Party at 2805
          Christmas in the Kitchen Block Party At the Pickett Fence
Pink Saturday at  How Sweet the Sound
Show off Your Cottage Monday at House in the Roses

46 comments:

  1. Simply magical , Amanda ! Your creative energy is inspiring ! Thank you for sharing your beautiful home , definitely ready for Christmas .
    I wish you a warm and gentle season !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness you have such a beautiful home-it's dreamy, really! Happy Holidays to you!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love that corner unit with the pink decor! Beautiful collection! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!... everything is just exquisite!... your tree is gorgeous, and of course I LOVE Bootsie!... kitty kisses sweet little Bootsie... I also love your collection of vintage Hull pottery... I collect that as well... thanks for letting me peek inside your stunning home... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! your home is so beautiful! I'm really in love with it :)

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amanda, love all of your Christmas decor.... and your tree is so beautiful. What a cute picture of Bootsie too.
    Hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home looks so beautiful and magical. I love everything.

    Little Bootsie looks adorable anxiously awaiting Santa.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the fun tour. Your decorating is so beautiful:) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your Christmas tree!!!!!!Thanks for sharing.
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the lovely house tour, your decor is beautiful. I love your tree! Ornaments hang so nicely when the branches are spaced out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is so pretty, and you home looks gorgeous! Thank you for linking to the Christmas Tree Party at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is, ooh la la! Everything is just beautiful! And Bootsie adds the perfect touch..she is a beautiful kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your tree! It's so old fashioned looking and reminds me of pictures I've seen. We have Fraser furs but they have so many more branches. I wonder if there are different types? I've always wanted to find one like yours but I never see them here (in Michigan) I love how you decorated it, it's befitting of the tree! I love that you work for your femininity in an all male house! More power to you!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Amanda, every thing is just so beautiful!! and you are so welcome!
    The cake plates with the churches, the lamb, and Honey, that TREE! It's the most wonderful tree I've ever seen! You've just created the most fabulous Christmas setting. So glad you shared all your inspiration! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's all so perfect, Amanda...LOVE the birdcage stand (everything else, too). The tree is gorgeous!!! Happy Friday - hope your weekend is wonderful...Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tree is so pretty--I love how you can see all the ornaments so well. I need to know where you got that chair ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks so lovely Amanda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your home looks
    sweet and pretty
    all decked out in it's Christmas best

    thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    p.s.
    i featured your post on the Stuff and Nonsense FB page today!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, new follower here, nice to meet you! your home is beautiful and your decor is inspiring. Just lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. My jaw just hit the floor from the beauty that I have seen here. I am so feeling this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amanda,
    This is just stunning! I love your decorations and the soft sweetness of it in the photos! Gorgeous!!!!
    Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amanda, your home is beautiful! You have done a fantastic job decorating for the holidays. Your cat looks cute watching the clock. I like your collection of churches and the way they are displayed.--------Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shannon@Cozy Home ScenesDecember 9, 2011 at 6:45 PM

    Sorry something happened it is one Cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is so sparkle-y...and pretty....I love the chandie hanging from the birdcage stand, too...your living room is looking great!
    Merry Christmas!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your house is just BEAUTIFUL! And so is your fur-child.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful Home. Beautiful Photographs. Thanks for the tour.

    Mary @ Sea Quilts

    ReplyDelete
  26. Everything is so Beautiful, Love the Mantel and Birdcage holder!
    Have a great Day.
    marian elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! You outdid yourself this year! Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your home is just beautiful and I love all the soft decorations. I enjoyed the tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your home is absolutely gorgeous. That little cloche is so darn cute. Thanks so much for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Found you at My Romantic Home. I love your decor, so feminine and romantic. Love all your Christmas decorating ... especially the tree. I'm now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  31. A very creative home you have done
    Happy PS
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Amanda,
    What a pretty and festive home you have! I love all the white and your chandy is gorgeous! The touches of pink are so sweet. Thank you for sharing and I wish you a delightful week. Happy Pinks, a wee bit late.

    Merry Christmas,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  33. You are such an inspiration!!! Your home is darling and I love your blog to pieces! Continue to inspire!

    Merry Christmas!
    Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh Amanda,
    Everything is exquisite! I LOVE your living room mantel display and the tree is so romantic and pretty. I like the look of the fewer branches on it, since I'm so used to the full trees we get here in New England.
    Yours is so lovely as is the rest of your home! I like all the darling details that your kids must enjoy, too.
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, beautiful Christmas decor.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Amanda,

    Oh my goodness! That was really a delightful home tour - JUST BEAUTIFUL!!! It was all so lovely, so I'm not sure which one would be my fave...so all of it!!! :) Thanks for sharing! Hugs & Happy Holidays to you you and yours!!!


    XOXO's,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  37. You have a beautiful home and a cute cat.

    Regards from Sweden
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is perfection. And your pictures are wonderful. I love how you hung the chandelier from the bird stand; very creative. It is all just sensational! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  39. Amanda - your home seriously needs to be in a magazine! It's absolutely beautiful!!!!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous...I bet it will be hard to take down after Christmas...looks so magical.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...every photo is such a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  42. your home is just so gorgeous! love your xmas decorations:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!