Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Beautiful Baby's Breath

I spotted bundles of lovely baby's breath at the grocery store last weekend.  They were quite inexpensive and there was something magical and Christmas-like about them, so I treated myself.  I am enjoying the little bundles in my old chippy white pottery pieces.  Amongst the white village, I think they look like bushy little snow covered trees!
I recently came across a couple of beautiful photos on Pinterest of baby's breath being used in creative and unexpected ways.  I love these hanging poms...
This wreath is simple yet so elegant and whimsical...

Baby's breath is so often used as filler in flower arrangements, but it makes such a lovely statement on it's own, and not just for weddings!  I think it's going to be my new favorite Christmastime flower!  You may even see it in my Christmas tree next year!

Thank you for your sweet visit!  I hope your week is off to a great start!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Join me at these fun blog parties!
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp
Share the Love Wednesday at Very Merry Vintage Style
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants
Sew Crafty Tuesday at Ruby Jean

10 comments:

  1. Oh I am SO happy you posted today.. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to join in here...http://shoprubyjean.com/2011/12/sew-crafty-tuesday-linky-party1/
    It's my first LINKY Party... EEEEKKK!!! Oh I love all your Babies Breath.. SO very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, love that ironstone set of sugar and creamer, the perfect setting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. The baby's breath is perfect in the ironstone and with the little houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that baby's breath wreath is so lovely! Your photos were a joy to behold. Loved every one.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of baby's breath. I was actually a florist for a lot (too many) of years and you aare right there are so many more uses for BB than filler with roses and for weddings. This variety is actually called "million star", fitting don't you think? I enjoyed your post very much, I am jealous of your photography skills!
    Dawn@MakingHome

    ReplyDelete
  6. …....... /)
    ……... ( , )
    ….….|░░░|
    ……..|░░░|☆ merry _(♥)_
    …..@|░░░|¸.¤“˜¨christmas.
    .¨˜“¤|░░ഐ¤ª@“˜¨¨
    …¨˜“გª¤.¸::¸.¤ª☆“˜¨¨happy new year.
    …¤¸*¸.¤ª“˜@¨¨¨***2012****.
    *♥*.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda,

    Isn't baby's breath so sweet. I think I'm goingto get some to decorate for Christmas as well. Your pics are so beautiful. I think I've finally saved enough to get myself a new camera so I can try my hand at some decent photos for once:-)

    What did you think of the Christmas Show at Monticello's?

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda, just found your blog from the white wednesday event. I've added you to my fav list, your writing style and photos are really sweet.
    Have a wonderful family Christmas,
    deborah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Amanda,
    Your baby's breath is so pretty in your white ironstone! I love it too in so many ways. That wreath is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and have a delightful weeknd.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!