Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Creative Space

 
I've shared a bit here and there about our formal living room and my plans to transform it into a more usable space.   I still have a wish list for this room, and will continue to share updates as things progress, but I am just thrilled to now have a space of my own to collect inspiration and be creative!
 
 
 
It all started with this amazing 8 foot table, built and painted by the husband of the owner of Camas Antiques.  It was in the window display for a couple of weeks and everytime I visited the store, I stared at it, measured it, remeasured and then went home and measured my space, and thought and thought about how perfect it would be.  Finally my mom told me I had better buy it because I would surely never find another like it!  I always listen to my mom's advice.  I ran right back to the store and purchased the giant, beautiful table with ample workspace!  I am so happy I did! 



I then started collecting and painting pieces to store supplies.  Most of these boxes, painted in Antoinette and Old White hold bits of old lace, ribbon and doilies that I use in various projects.
 
 
 
This little desk organizer is filled with pens, scissors, tape and all of those things that are necessary, but not always pretty.
 
 
 
 
 
My tiered wire basket, a thrift store find, holds items I've collected and am in the process of packaging and pricing for my shop space.
 
 
Today I am working on packaging yards of vintage lace for the shop... more on that later!
 
 
 
 
 
I never pass up a metal plate rack.  They are so fun for displaying things other than plates!  This one is quite petite...perfect for miniature mirrors, a pretty coaster and old photos!
 
 
 
Last week I shared my chicken wire inspiration board.  I am enjoying adding pieces to inspire creativity!
 
 
 
Thank you for joining me in my creative space!  When I find a spare moment (usually late at night when the kids are in bed!) I just love sitting here, getting lost in my ideas, sorting through buttons, lace and pretty papers.  It's where I blog, email, Facebook and peruse Pinterest as well!  Speaking of Pinterest, if you want to see more creative spaces, stop by and visit my Pinterest board,
 I found so much inspiration there as I worked on organizing my own creative studio space!
 
Have a wonderful weekend, my friends!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
 
 
 
 
Sharing this post with these fun link parties:
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp
Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday at The Pickett Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Make it Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

33 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful space you created! Yes, moms do know best. That table is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creative space is enchanting, joyful and truly inspiring! The table is perfect and I like your chicken wire inspiration board. Keep on creating, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creative space is so beautiful!! I could truly be inspired in a room like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful space. I'm sure you can be very creative there. I will be pinning this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a creative space too. I posted it yesterday. We both have the same vintage mirror, also. We inherited ours...Cute style. Saw your blog at Common Ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, I love your new space!! That table is amazing. I love how you decorated every little part. The chicken wire frame is so cute! I made one this summer but the frame isn't as fancy as yours. :) I never thought of putting things other than plates on a plate rack, brilliant! So many wonderful ideas all in one space. Have a good evening! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a gorgeous apace here. I'm sure being there is so inspiring! Very pretty!

    Have a lovely day!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  8. That table is gorgeous Amanda. Fits perfect and so you, your Mom gives great advice!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice setup! I love the extra long table with room for two work centers. You are a lucky gal to find that. Saw you at Treasure Hunt Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this space! Everything is so pretty and organized and there is so much inspiration here! Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful and inspiring place! I love how feminine and pink it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would'nt have enough oh and ah to explain how much I love your studio and how you give me the desire to advance mine which is on progress (and pink of course)
    xoxo from PAIRS
    Joëlle

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is going to make me redo my work spaceso I'll want to sit there all the time. Which could be good and bad. Lots of creating but also lots of sitting. You are so inspiring. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Would love to see the rest of the room,too...that was just a tease!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOLALA!! LOve the work counter! Very pretty! happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks just gorgeous, thanks for inspiring me to reorganize my work space.,
    Tania xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful and inspiring room! Love all the sweet touches and pretty storage!
    ♥ Jil

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love what you did in your space. The pink lunch pail is adroable!
    Visiting form Vintage Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am ordinarily not a fan of pink, but I LOVE your room. It is soothing, organized, feminine, and so inviting. What a wonderful place to plan, dream, and create.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm also not a fan of pink but my mind has changed 100%. I love your use of pink. Gorgeous decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amanda, What a beautiful space to create in. I love your new table and the pink suitcases are wonderful. You have done such a wonderful job - the creativity should be flowing as you enjoy your time in your studio! Happy Pink Saturday! Marti

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have a wonderful space. I would truly enjoy it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Absolutely gorgeous! Happy Pink Saturday!

    Pumpkin Fun
    Have an enjoyable pink weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello! I came from Pink Saturday....
    Your studio is so pretty and dreamy! You did a wonderful job!


    Thank for sharing!

    Now following along!

    Sensible Sarah
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty space. I love the little pink organizer. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring spot. Visiting from The Charm of Home. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House which goes live at 8am CST on Monday. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  26. what did you use to paint those cases? Did it give you any problems with peeling off? I love them. What a great idea.
    I never thought of painting them. I often find old cases at sales. Now I will look with a different eye
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am currently working on corraling all my supplies into a creative space that inspires instead of depresses. Beautiful job creating your dream space. the table is a great base for all the other storage ideas. I loved the plate rack idea - I always pass these things by without a second thought. Thanks for sharing!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for linking up to THT!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looks great! Thank you for joining me at HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! This is amazing! I am working on my craft area and I love your use of suitcases, and painted accessories, great look!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for sharing you lovely space at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. You will be one of the features tomorrow. So, pop on in and pick up a feature button located on my sidebar. See you tomorrow. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the place and the colors are so lovely that is why I really like it. Inspiring photos too. :)

    eastwood condo for sale

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!