Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chicken Wire Inspiration Board

 
Some time ago I painted this beautiful frame in Annie Sloan's Versailles and shared the before and after photos here.  It hung empty on the wall for weeks and I stared at it daily waiting for inspiration to strike.  I am not at all opposed to empty frames on the wall, but this one was so large that the vast vacant space was haunting me.
I decided I needed an idea board for my studio space, one where I could collect and display pretty things that would inspire me to create! The frame was perfect. I considered a magnet board and then a fabric ribbon board but had a feeling that either one would compete too much with the detail of the frame. In the garage I found remnants of chicken wire from the French Country Cottage Cupboard. I cut a piece to fit the frame, stapled it to the backside and brushed on some Versailles to hide the shiny silver wire that didn't quite blend with the muted green frame. 
 
I hung my pretty framed inspiration board above my computer and started gathering a few favorite things to display.  Vintage clothespins work perfectly for attaching things to the wire, but old clip on earrings work well too and add some fun glamor! 
 
 
A sweet old photo of three girlfriends.
 
 
A lovely postcard from a dear friend!
 
 
My mother in law just brought me some amazing dahlias from her garden!  I am enjoying a bouquet on the mantle! 
 
My photo tea cards have been selling well at the shop, so I decided to take a few more photos to add to the collection.  Here is a new favorite waiting to be printed and made into a card!
 
Thank you so much for your sweet visit!  Please come back next week for a tour of my formal living room turned craft studio space!  It is almost ready to share!!!
 
Have a wonderful weekend!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
 
Sharing this post with these fun link parties:


Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday at The Pickett Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Potpourri Friday at 2805