Tuesday, July 10, 2012

French Country Cottage Cupboard

Say that five times fast!



I feel like I spent the whole weekend with either my paint brush or wax brush in hand!  It was well worth it!  I am really excited about how my French Country Cottage style cupboard turned out!  Sadly, I cannot find a before pic to share (I know you're shocked!  I am usually all about the before and after pics)!  However, it looked a lot like the hutch top desk that I painted back in March.  I am sure that they came from the same era, maybe even the same manufacturer.  This one even had the same gold diamond pattern in the glass.



For this piece, I started with one rough coat of Annie Sloan's Versailles followed by one coat of Old White.  Next, I distressed all of the edges with a fine grit sanding sponge to reveal bits of the green as well as the wood grain.




I think Versailles is the most subtle, elegant, old world green and it works so well with Old White and many of the other ASCP colors.  Well done, Annie!




I had fun styling this one, can you tell?






As of last night, this piece is all set up in my space at the shop!  It's such a great piece to use as a display, I secretly hope it doesn't sell too quickly!




I am now going to take a little break from the painting projects and enjoy some summer fun with family and friends for the next few days!  I have such a passion for furniture...it would be easy for me to get wrapped up in projects for days on end and let the summer slip by. Sometimes I get so caught up in it all that I have to stop and remind myself that there is so much more to life than furniture and decorating!  But what a fun outlet and hobby it is...and I feel so blessed to be able to share my passions with you, building new relationships along the way!  Enjoy your summer, love on your family and treasure your friends.  Be grateful and be blessed!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda


Sharing this post with these fun link parties:
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Restored it Wednesday at Restore Interiors
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Party at Shades of Amber
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday at Primp
Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse
Link Party at Redoux Interiors
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday at The Pickett Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
Paint Projects at Primitive and Proper
Potpourri Friday at 2805

27 comments:

  1. Wow - this is just gorgeous - what an incredible job you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is lovely! I love the versaille under the old white. Another I still have to try. I love how you've distressed and styled it. I know what you mean about painting furniture. I can get totally and utterly obsessed and absorbed in it. Enjoy your break, you deserve it! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love it...lucky for you that I have no space in my house for it, since I'm so conveniently located near your shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love It!. I'm looking forward to the days when I actually have time to do things like this. Great job...the colors are perfect.
    Have a great night.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hutch is great! I love that color too. The french country look is just the best ever. Have a wonderful summer with your friends and family!! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks wonderful What a few coats of paint can do huh! Love all your make overs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hutch is beautiful! You did a fantastic job on it. I just love using ASCP.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This piece would be so hard to get rid of! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep finding myself drawn to your furniture make-overs. You find great pieces and make them even more breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I used Chicken Wire in a corner cabinet once and was surprised at how hard it is to work with- that stuff hurts! And when you're unrolling it and it rerolls and snaps on your hand? OUCH!

    Ang
    Solongfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another pretty paint project to add to your long lost of redos, Amanda. I like the color combo on this one.

    Why don't you pop on over to my place and link you transformation to my linky party - Time Travel Thursday. The link goes up tonight.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Amanda,

    Your hutch turned out very beautiful! I actually scrolled over the posts I had missed of your other furniture redos. They all turned out amazing! I didn't realize you had your own shop booth. Very pretty! I love your style, and colors you choose for your projects. I have never used wax on anything I have painted. Where do you buy your paints and wax from? I love how you have used the same techniques on the lamps as well. Nice!

    Blessings for a happy week,
    xoxo...Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hutch is gorgeous! I love Versailles with Old White and your finish is perfection!

    Thank you for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...both of the furniture pieces you show are gorgeous!!
    You did a wonderful job on them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is lovely ...I don't think it will be sitting too long.
    Francine

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty! It would look great in any room!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful finish! I love chicken wire on cabinets. I sold one similiar and had a bad case of seller's remorse and HAD to make one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous piece....luv, luv, luv it! =) ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lovely! Well done :)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your did such a lovely job...it's a gorgeous piece! I would be so delighted if you would join Potpourri Friday again.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you for such lovely inspiration! found you at MMS's link party, always a favorite!

    hope you can swing by:
    http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-sale-giveaway.html

    smiles to you.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, so beautiful! Well done "Girl in Pink" so glad I stopped by!
    Thanks for sharing~ have a terrific weekend!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's perfect! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from My Romantic Home. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/07/make-it-pretty-monday-week-5.html Wishing you a grand weekend. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  24. Once again Amanda over the top gorgeous. Your work is stunning always, sometimes we all must remind ourselfs to take a well deserve break.Have fun.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are featured today at Potpourri Friday at 2805!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Browsing through your blog posts and just love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Browsing through your blog posts and just love your style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!