Thursday, June 29, 2017

Flowers, Finds, Paint Projects and Big News!


Let's start with the BIG NEWS!  After 6 years in my little booth at Camas Antiques, I am moving into a bigger booth on the next aisle over!  I could actually just throw my things over the back wall of my booth now to move into my new booth!  I won't do that, but it gives you an idea of where you will find me starting next week!  I have a handful of furniture pieces I am working on to fill this bigger booth.  I just finished this wonderful dresser and had a lot of fun staging it for photos the other day!


Here's the before.  As you can see it had some veneer issues.  I filled in those patches with wood filler and then sanded those areas before I started painting.  


It would have been challenging to get a smooth finish on this piece, thankfully smooth wasn't in my plan!  As usual, I love a textured finish!  I painted the body of the dresser in Country Grey Chalk Paint®.  The drawers are a combination of Country Grey, French Linen and Pure White.  I played with the finish for some time, applying each color individually, wiping back in places and doing a bit of dry brushing.


Once I had a look that I loved, I did some light distressing and sealed the entire dresser with Annie Sloan's White Wax.  The White Wax really softened the whole look.  


Although I am changing up my look just a tad for this new booth, I still plan to keep that pink wardrobe stocked with frilly, feminine vintage finds!


Roses are pretty close to the top of my list of things I love about summer!




Junking has been pretty good so far this summer!  These andirons were an exciting find!  A friend on Facebook noted that they were "Downton Abbey worthy!"  I couldn't agree more!  They will be making their debut in my new booth!


I never can seem to pass up a pretty dish.  These lovelies sold as soon as I brought them into the store. 


My latest image transfer project is in my booth now.  This big wooden trunk was made over in Pure White Chalk Paint®.  The typography is from The Graphics Fairy, applied with Artisan Enhancements Transfer Gel.  Annie Sloan's Black Wax and Clear Wax gave it the perfect aged effect and sealed the finish.


A project I've had waiting in the garage for a year...this kuckoo clock is finally painted and ready to hang!  My family is so excited to have this up in our kitchen!  I used a mix of Louis Blue and Old White for the birds and trim, Old White for the body, Clear Wax with a bit of Dark Wax for age.

Thank you for your visit today!  I have SO much still to do to prepare for the new booth!  
Please follow me on Instagram or Facebook for updates along the way!  

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

12 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on expanding to a larger booth, more beauty to share with all of us who LOVE your style and finds<3 Thank you for your blogs and posts, they are always exquisite visually and so heartfelt.....treats for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a thoughtful and sweet comment Debbie! Always so lovely to hear from you!

      Delete
  3. How lovely! Is I lived closer to see your work in person! May I ask about the 3D embellishment for the dresser? Where might I find something like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri! Thank you! The applique is from a company called Bomar Designs. I am not sure if they sell direct or not. I was fortunate enough to get some appliques from a friend who was closing her store. I know that if you search for furniture appliques on Etsy, you will find an extensive selection! 😊

      Delete
  4. So exquisite, the pulls are beautiful, the finished colors are so feminine and soft and the appliqué is the perfect touch. Just stunning, as always, and your roses are to die for. Such a lovely combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words Sharon! So very lovely to hear from you!!!

      Delete
  5. Everything is gorgeous
    Hugs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Alessandra!! ❤️❤️❤️

      Delete
  6. The blog was absolutely fantastic! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating the blog, looking forward for more content...Great job, keep it up.
    goldenslot

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!