Monday, September 27, 2010

Autumn Treasures!

I always have a difficult time finding an Autumn decor theme that blends well with my flowery, pink decor both at home and at the shop.  Orange pumpkins and black cats (aside from Burlious and Harry, our real black kitties) just don't look good alongside the shabby pastels which are my favorites year round!  This year I am excited to add dried flowers, wicker baskets, tarnished silver and tattered ecru lace to my space at Camas Antiques!  It gives the shabby look a Victorian Autumn edge without changing things up too much!  I am pricing things today and am going to give my display an overhaul this evening with all of the great new treasures I have salvaged and/or created.  I thought I would give you a sneak peek at a corner of my kitchen island...just a sample of what will be added to the shop this evening!  I will try to add some photos from the shop when I get home tonight!

Happy Autumn!  Thanks for stopping by!  -Amanda

On a side note....hot sunny September day in the Great NW!  Um...picture day at school and I am putting my son in shorts and a short sleeved shirt!?!  This doesn't seem right, but oh well!