Friday, January 7, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

After a month of focusing on family, holidays and my home, my little room at Camas Antiques has been feeling neglected and looking sparse!  A shopping spree was long overdue and I actually headed out twice this week and hit every one of my favorite spots!  My first trip was not extremely productive as I had my littlest guy with me who loudly and persistently chanted "No like this store!"  Overall he did pretty well considering it was his rest time!  At one point I was walking out of a shop with my 2 year old in one arm and 2 tabletop shelving units and a bag in the other!  I got some looks from people in the parking lot...I like to think they were looks of amazement at my strength and ability but most likely they were thinking I was ridiculous for not using a shopping cart!  And maybe I was...but I didn't have my antibacterial wipes on me and I wasn't about to stick my child in a grimey, germy cart during flu season!  We've had enough sickness at our house this winter, thank you.  So my next day out was a lot easier as I was on my own.  Thank you Grandma for playing with the kiddos all day long so that mom could have some much needed alone time!  It was just what I needed too...to get inspired and motivated to kick off the new year at the antique mall!  I've even worked on some new signage that will be up in the entryway to my little shop space later this week.  Here are a few of my thrift finds from this week along with my new signs.  The garage is starting to fill up with some projects as well...time to get busy!  I hope this motivation and inspiration sticks around!  Happy New Year Friends!












I am linking up with the following fun parties today:

Thank you for stopping by dear friends!  I can't tell you just how much I enjoy your comments!  There is so much love out there in blogland!  I encourage you to check out the above link parties if  you haven't already.  The creative inspiration shared is wonderful...and you will surely make lots of new friends!
Best Wishes and Manny Blessings!

Amanda

23 comments:

  1. Oh I have to giggle because I have a two year old little girl and I TRY to go find stuff for my antique booth but it is SO DIFFICULT. Kudos to you for walking out with an armful of stuff and an armful of toddler!

    Cute blog!

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa ANtiques

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lovely pink romantic blog :)
    Happy PS!
    http://fotochip.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-saturdayliberty.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, your roses are gorgesous .. such lovely vignettes.

    Happy PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see so many beautiful things. I love your items and the roses on the sugar bowl are to die for. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was one thrift shopping that really paid off. Nice things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember towing a newborn and two others with bags just stuffed from an after Christmas sale. -- I think I was stronger then. Such beautiful finds. Love the tea party sign. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Pink Saturday Amanda Sweetie...
    Oh my gosh, what a haul you made. I have never seen such beautiful pieces.

    The roses on each are just exquisite, and I can just see you like the scale you have shared, balancing the child on one hip, treasures on the other, and kept right on going. I love it. Yep, love the Tea Party Goods.

    I am Country Wings in Phoenix, your newest follower. I can't wait to see what you share next. Please stop by and say hi. I would love to have you follow me as well. I love meeting new friends, and sharing our families a long the way.

    Many country hugs sweetie, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous finds!! Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! and I love your blog. I'm a pink loving girlie girl too. :) I am now following your blog and hope you will come and visit me often!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I raised three boys and until recently I hadn't been in antique shops in years. The boys were too much in any store. You have some beautiful things. I love, love the canister set with the pink roses! Happy Pink Saturday!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh such great finds. You do what ya have to, sometimes it involves taking our wee ones shopping. LOL. I bet they were thinking, put that boy down, and give him a package to carry. Grin.
    I hope the inspiration sticks around, too, I got hit with it myself.
    Hugs
    Gail - Happy PS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amanda, love all your signs, these are really wonderful, and the pinks and roses are just what I love!
    Thanks so much for linking up with VIF!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  12. such lovely finds! especially the china with roses on it! my fave kindda treasure! so glad you had a great time thrifting and happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Pink Saturday!! I love your pink finds!! I, too, love a day out at the antique stores!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have some lovely pinks in your shop. Very pretty photo's.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's neat to see that scale in your photo. My mom bought the same one from Home Interiors and Gifts in the 80s. She was excited to have it because, at that time, she was really into her horoscope and she's a Libra...represented by a set of scales. She still has them up on top of her fridge though she doesn't put any faith in the horoscope anymore! :)

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're Superwoman! Able to carry a child in one arm and thrifty finds in another. All you need is a cape! Love all of your finds, especially those cups with the pretty roses on them!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there- looks like you found some great finds! I love the new little signs and the darling treasures! I hear you on the cart thing- I am always carrying around antibacterial wipes or sanitizer- some stores even offer them at the front of the store for wiping carts off now- Yes!! Thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Amanda, thank you for taking us shopping with you and entering your little world of china and mayhem; I loved the little tipped scales and the pink salt and pepper shakerballs. It's nice to also get to know you; keep the personal comments coming. Blessings Terri - www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Howdy Amanda
    Can I just say WOW !!!!!!!!!
    Oh my gosh this was really awesome :)
    What a very special treat for
    Pink Saturday
    Thank you so very much for sharing with us .
    I look forward to visiting you again really soon .
    Until Next Time
    Happy Trails

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks like you found some wonderful items! And I say let the people look... I wouldn't have put my child in a dirty cart either!! Your blog is just beautiful and I plan to be back and visit often! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a wonderful weekend!
    -April

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love those rose cups. I think it is time to make a trip to Camas. Florence

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything is so pretty! I have the identical item that you posted in the first picture. I don't exactly know what to call it but I love it!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your beautiful buys. Wish I lived close by so I could come shopping in your booth. At 71 I am still teaching, but once I really retire, I want to have a booth at our local antique mall. 5 of my friends are already doing it and love it. Great post! Genie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!