Friday, January 21, 2011

A Basket of Ideas


This lovely pink striped floral wallpaper recently made it's way into my shopping cart at a local thrift store.  It has a delicate texture to it which doesn't quite show in the photos.  I don't think it's very vintage, but maybe from the late 80's, early 90's.  It has that Laura Ashley, English charm look that I just adore!  I thought I would share my find by cutting it into generously sized pieces to offer in my space at the shop for crafting or gift wrap.  Of course I'll keep a bit of it for my own projects too!

I went to the garage looking for a tall basket to artistically display my treasured rolls of pretty papers.  Surrounded by all kinds of baskets and containers, all of the wrong shape and size, I spotted a lampshade.  It was the perfect height and shape.  Hmmmmm...  I stripped the shade and quickly sewed a simple insert for the frame, added a couple of gathers, ties and pretty lace bow.  Voila!  I have a display for my new found paper treasures!



This was a simple transformation but I see so many possibilities here.  I think a chintzy floral with coordinating ruffle trim on top would be lovely and so very functional!  For a fancier or more stream lined look, the fabric could cover the outside of the shade, hiding the metal frame.  Oh how I love to reuse and repurpose!

Please visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for so many pretty pinks,  Funky Junk Interiors for repurposed inspirations,  Dittle Dattle for cool "Amaze Me Monday" projects and The Shabby Chic Cottage for wonderful transformations!

Thank you so much for your visit! 
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!
Best Wishes and Many Blessings,
Amanda

13 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda, I'm relaxing now, not ready to turn in yet although it is very late. Finally got my post link to work. Love the display and you know what. have you seen where people are putting up wallpaper behind shelving and framing it out or inside a wooden cabinet then displaying all white or silver collections -- this would be great! Terri
    www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wallpaper, and great ways to present it! I am Your newest follower!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love wallpaper with pink roses on it. I have some vintage and new stuff squirreled away for projects. I'll be stopping by to get some of this to add to my supplies :o).

    Christa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! that is a fantastic idea and so pretty too! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. G'day Amanda ~ How absolutely wonderful an idea! I love that wallpaper also. Beautiful ...

    Have a happy PS weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such pretty pink wallpaper and your method of displaying it is very creative! Looks FAB! Someone is going to have a lot of fun with that paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wall paper it's so pretty... and what a lovely way to display it!!! Happy Pink Saturday!
    hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. HELLO AND HAPPY PINK SATURDAY~WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PAPER YOU HAVE FOUND!!! I JUST LOVE YOUR IDEA WITH THE LAMP SHADE JUST FAB!!!!

    XO~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello sweetheart your paper is darling but that lampshade idea is simply fabulous! I would so do that!~Oh, I just love it! I am going to catch up on your posts I have been so busy lately!
    Keep up the amazing work!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really love that basket! so darling! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are clever and this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This has such a sweet and romantic feel to it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!