Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Playing Dress-Up With Vintage Whites!

Included in last weekend's estate sale finds were two sweet vintage cream and white straw hats.  Maggie is here with us this week and before she ran off to play in the dirt with the boys this morning, she pulled on a pair of white gloves, wrapped up in my grandma's old knit shawl and we played dress-up in the garden. 
I just love old hats...especially the kind I imagine ladies wearing to fanciful garden parties long long ago!
I also brought home this lovely little white cream and sugar.  I believe it's ironstone...I should know this, but I'm not quite sure!  It doesn't have any markings.  What are your thoughts?  And the little cream urn makes such a sweet vase for a fragrant bunch of white roses!  I was on the hunt for more metal flower frogs and thought I'd missed out as I saw someone leaving an estate sale  with their hands piled full of them.  One green 3 piece frog had been left behind just for me!  Hurray!
I brought home quite a few other treasures that I will look forward to sharing with you soon!  Most of them I am putting aside for my new space at the shop!  Yes, I will be moving next month, after over 5 years in my little room at the back of the store, I've decided it's time for a new location!  If you're a patron of Camas Antiques, starting next month you can find me on the right side of the aisle farthest to the left, near the front of the store.  I am really looking forward to setting up my new booth space!
Thank you for your sweet visit today!  Summer is finally here!  I hope you're enjoying every single minute of it!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Linking up with these fun parties today:
White Wednesday at Faded Charm

12 comments:

  1. So sweet! I love your pics and your finds are wonderful! :) Your blog is so sweet and pretty. I just love coming by and seeing what you have going on. :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks so cute in that hat, Amanda! I will be looking out for some nice old hats, but I've got a little while. My granddaughter is only going to be a year old next month. We will need hats for our tea parties though! Love your finds; I've just bought a couple of little white creamers myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You scored some great finds but what I like the most is the beautiful photo of beautiful Maggie, that is a real treasure!
    (())

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me of dressing up in my Grandma's things when I was little!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your new store space. I'm sure it will be lovely, as you certainly have a talent for displaying things beautifully. I am jealous of your latest finds! Maybe it's a good thing I don't live nearby...I'd be tempted to buy everything you find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the hat, soooooo pretty! Happy white Wednesday!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy you have a little girl to play dress up with! Thank you for the pretty pictures!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the vintage hats and your sweet model is precious. Glad to have found your blog through White Wednesday. I actually have one vintage hat posted on my White Wednesday post as well. Sometimes I long to go back in time when ladies had tea and got dressed for the occasion, don't you?
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What sweet photos...you have such a cute little model. My daughter loves to play dress up, but trying to get photos of all her cute little outfits is such hard work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazing lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    so nice collection of photos.
    backyard design

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy you have a little girl to play dress up with! Thank you for the pretty pictures!los angeles fumigation

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!