Monday, January 23, 2012

Paris Grey Table and Pretty Weekend Finds

Yep, I'm still painting!  But guess what?  I ran out of paint, mid project late last night!  Eeeek!  I know you're thinking;  "she just got her chalk paint, how can she be out already?"  Let me tell you, I have been a painting fool for the past two weeks!  A hilarious comment left by Lisa of A Suburban Retreat last week pretty much sums it up.  She said "Gosh, Amanda, you're like Girl's Gone Wild with ASCP!"  Hahaha!  Conjurs up images of girls in bikinis with paint brushes and cans of chalk paint, doesn't it?  LOL!  Not this girl!  Brrrrr!  Thanks for the laugh, Lisa!

I do have more completed projects to share with you though and I am planning to do an overview post to show you just how far I was able to stretch my first order of ASCP.

  I didn't jump up and down with excitement when I first spotted this little table at the Goodwill.  I was staring at it in the furniture section when I received a cell phone call from the shop letting me know that I had just sold a table out of my booth space!  I took that as a sign and hauled it to the register.  It is sturdy, good quality and has lovely, unique lines.
 

Before my chalk paint arrived, I had painted one coat of my (former) favorite creamy white latex paint onto the table.  It sat in the garage like that for several days.  A mix of Paris Grey and Old White made up the second (final) coat last week.  I then distressed the whole piece, covered it with a coat of clear wax, and then dark.  I love the overall finish and will be using this combo again soon!


A piece of pretty pink wallpaper lines the skinny drawer.




I picked up some wonderful treasures over the weekend!  Several pretty bone china teacups will be added to my booth space tonight along with the Paris Grey table.



Did you know that tea naturally tastes better in a bone china teacup?  It's true!


I also picked up this pretty butter yellow old Fiestaware disc pitcher.  I love the aged, crazed patina!  Many more fun vintage finds and chalk paint makeovers to come...so stay tuned!

Thank you so much for your sweet visit today!  I hope you have a truly wonderful week!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda


Linking up to these fun blog parties!
Sew-Crafty Tuesday at Ruby Jean's
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Furniture Feature Friday with Miss Mustard Seed




28 comments:

  1. It's amazing how a table you wouldn't give a second look to transforms so beautifully, Amanda! I tried the Paris Grey recently myself and I do like it. I could see using it on furniture. Next up is Robin's Egg for me, for my dresser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your plain table turned into such a pretty one. Hope you get your new paint order soon. I know what it's like when we run out of paint and pieces to paint. It seems like that's when our booths start to empty out.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table is gorgeous! Love Love the teacups!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love
    what you did to the table. it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That white table turned out beautiful. It has great lines and your treatment really brought them out. Thank you for visiting my blog today. I was going to reply back to your comment but you have your profile set to private so no email address to be had. I do appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table is stunning . You did an awesome job, Amanda! Teacups are my passion and tea, indeed, tests better in a delicate bone china teacup...
    I am looking forward to your next project !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a great project with wonderful results!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I def think my tea taste better in bone china!

    I have Royal Doulton myself :-)

    Darling little table with paper liner.


    Thanks so much for sharing with all of us today :D

    Visiting from Wow US Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style,
    ~Smiles, Suzanne in NW IL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! And, yes, tea DOES taste better in a bone china cup. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow looks sooo much better now! thanks for sharing with us! have a creative day! di
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello my darling friend! Once again, I wish we lived next door! This paint looks incredible! I have not been painting much...but hopefully when I get back in the swing of things, I can try this out! Love, love, love your table! No bikinis for me either...just a cute black swim skirt. lol have a lovley week.
    hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  12. That table is gorgeous! You are so gifted in this area. I am a new follower visiting from Sew Crafty Tuesday. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how all that detail just pops with the dark wax. Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the transformation. I am trying to get up the nerve to paint my kitchen table,from the eighties....oak. I need an update.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an amazing transformation. I'd have a hard time parting with that table.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. your new old table
    looks delightful
    in her new coat of chalk paint

    thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous table. I love paris grey :) Visiting from French Country Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How funny...I have the shabby chic books and that Paris Apartment book. I was reading it the other day and wondering where I got it. I love rediscovering stuff! haha

    Great table!! I need to get some AS paint. I can't believe I haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful transformation....
    I love the color & Paris Gray
    sounds so Chic~
    Cheryl ~ ZM

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful table-the chalk paint looks divine-I'm your newest follower from Savvy Southern Style-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great save! It is now so beautiful! I too have started some of my projects with a coat of flat latex paint prior to using ASCP with good results. Sometimes you just got to ration the good stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks great! You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow..that is gorgeous...I love that table...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  24. just beautiful, love the color of this piece and those sexy little legs!! Finishing off the drawers with old paper makes it even better!! thanks so much for linking up to the party!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable! What a lovely table, beautiful lines. Your work is fantastic! Have a nice week! ~ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!