Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bow and Garland Antique Mirror Makeover

Added to my shop space this week was a beautiful mirror I picked up while out thrifting not long ago.  It was old, heavy and missing bits of trim here and the price was a little higher than I like to pay for a thrifted mirror, but the bow detail won me over!  At some point someone had spray painted the frame a shimmery bronze/brown color.  Not a horrible color, but the beautiful trim was almost altogether lost in it. 
2 coats of ASCP Old White later and a treatment of clear and dark waxes and the bow and garland motif really stands out!
I made my poor little dog pose in front of the finished mirror for a little photo shoot.  He was so confused as to why I would make him sit here and stare at himself.  His defense mechanism was to lie down and go to sleep! 
I am planning to add a little more color to my display this month!  I feel like it's time to change things up a bit.  Of course I am still in love with white and there will always be lots of neutrals available in my booth space!
Thank you for your sweet visit!  I am joining my friend Kathleen at Faded Charm for White Wednesday!  Come check out all of the wonderful white inspiration there!  Have a lovely day!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

17 comments:

  1. Oh so PRETTY... Do you know I still have YET to buy some of ASCP.... I know isn't that TERRIBLE!!! :)
    I would love for you to stop in and link up with me at http://shoprubyjean.com/2012/01/sew-crafty-tuesday-6-and-giveaway/

    Have a Wonderful rest of the Week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Amanda ... you're like "Girls Gone Wild with ASCP"! You just can't put that brush down, can you? The mirror looks fab. and I must tell you, I LOVE that tiffany lamp in your booth (swoon).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mirror, Amanda! Love the bows in the detailing and the Old White really makes it stand out more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mirror and painting it that color really brought out the details. Love your little model too.

    Your booth looks great.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mirror is fabulous lightened up and the puppy is darling in it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest model ever you have there! That mirror is stunning...funny how white makes everything right!
    Would love to be selling that in my booth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really worked wonders with the mirror,Amanda.Love it.
    Happy WW to you too.
    Have a wonderful evening.
    XOMarie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda. Was drawn to your blog by your lovely Cavalier King Charles spaniel. As you can see, I have two boys - Serge is the Tricolour and Brandon is the Blenheim - bet they would get on with yours like a house on fire. Love your blog and the wonderful things you've been making too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and love it. I also love your little Cavalier. We have the same dog, and we adore her.

    Have a nice thursday.

    Bente

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Amanda!

    That mirror looks wonderful now that it has a fresh coat of Annie's paint. Love all the detailing on the frame.

    You little doggie is just precious!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Amanda! Beautiful patina on that frame! Looks so vintage now! :) AND I've gotta tell you I ADORE your little furbaby! Is she a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel? I think I've fallen in love with her. ♥ What can you tell me about her breed...?

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mirror makeover..you gave it life again..Your dog is so adorable!!..You just want to reach thru the screen and hug him!

    Thanks for visiting my blog...will be a follower of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That mirror is beautiful, what a difference it made for the repaint of white & the application of the wax, Perfection & Doggy is adorable too...
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that frame.That turned out great.Your puppy is so sweet.Looks like a King Charles Spaniel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dog is sooo cute:-) I've been doing the same thin to some frames of mine...love how the dark wax makes all the details"pop". I was up at Camas Antiques a couple weeks ago and saw your booth....looking good!!

    I am going to be at the Junk Salvation Show in Hillsboro. Hope to see you there. Make sure you stop by and sat HI:-) Also I have a coupon on one of my blog post for $1 off admission if you want to print it:-)

    Better get back to working on projects....it's never ending!

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for the info on your sweet little Basil, Amanda! I can definitely see a Cavalier in my future. I reeeeeally want one now! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!