Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jumping on the AS Chalk Paint Bandwagon...Finally!


"Out for delivery" is the updated status on my UPS tracking number for my my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint order!  I can hardly wait to try out the furniture paint I have been reading about for months now!  I have several pieces cleaned, set out on drop cloths in the garage, all ready to go.  I've watched so many tutorials online and my husband even bought me a couple of Annie Sloan painting guide books for Christmas!  I am so ready to put my paint brush to work!  It took me days to decide which colors to order first.  The photos so many of you creative bloggers have shared with us all really helped me to make an informed decision!  It was wonderful to actually see a paint color on a piece of furniture...and not just a paint chip!  During my research process, I created a pinterest board of my favorite Chalk paint makeovers and noted the color combinations used for each.  You can find my board here, if you're interested.  I will share the colors I chose in a later post when I have some completed pieces to photograph!  Alrighty...I am going to go sit by the front window and watch anxiously for that big brown truck to pull up in my driveway!  (Not literally...I have two kids and whole lot of housework and projects awaiting...who has time to sit and look out the window?)  Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda 

6 comments:

  1. How exciting Amanda!! I have seen some lovely pieces done with AS chalk paint, but haven't personnaly tried it yet. I did go to your pinterest board and what a collection of pictures and how to's. I can't wait to see your finished projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda, I know it will be beautiful, can't wait to see it finished. I checked your pinterest page out, love it all.
    hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see what you paint! I have a gift certificate to Camas Antiques from Christmas burning a hole in my pocket. Whatcha got new?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Amanda! I'm waiting for the big brown truck too! I just ordered 5 colors yesterday and can't wait to try them. They are all different than the colors I've used previously. Using the paint is a blast, however I am not so fond of the waxing process. I'll have to check out your pinboard. I have one too if you want to check it out, maybe I have some pics you haven't seen yet. My Pinterest link is on my sidebar. Happy painting and I can't wait to see your finished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see how your patience pays off. We only have one Stockist here in Ontario and there was a huge technical problem so my order ended up being cancelled just before the holidays. I did however try a homemade chalk paint version this weekend and although I have nothing to compare to, it turned out fabulous! Will post about it soon. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got your paint!! :) have fun with all your projects. I've enjoyed seeing all your inspiration on pinterest. Now you will be giving us some! Thanks for your sweet comments earlier. I haven't posted on my booth yet because I'm not fully satisfied with it. I moved in so quickly that I didn't have a ton of time to really stage it the way I eventually want it to look. It's hard too, with it being an L shape! : / I'm thinking about it lots.... Hopefully I can pull it together soon. Don't stay up too late ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!