Sunday, July 13, 2014

Tips for Drying Roses

 
I love using dried roses in my Fall crafts and décor.
 
 
The actual process of drying them is a lot of fun too.  I have found that certain varieties of roses dry a little better than others.
 
 
I have the best luck with my Bonica rose...it grows in clusters of small pink blossoms.  I pick the buds that have not yet fully opened.
 
 
Picking them early in the morning is best, and after a couple of sunny, dry days so that there is no moisture trapped between the petals.
 
 
I like to bundle my perfect little pink buds into pretty bouquets and hang them where I can enjoy them as they dry.  Finding a dry spot, out of direct sunlight is important.  Within a couple of weeks, I have sweet little dark burgundy rose buds that will last and last!
 
How about you?  Do you dry roses from your garden?  Do you dry any other varieties of flowers?
 
Thank you for your sweet visit today!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda
 
 
 
 Sharing at:
 


8 comments:

  1. I love these little roses! I think they are the same ones you decorated the snacks with at our class. I tried to dry some roses but I fell them off the chandelier--they seemed like they got burnt from the lights being on a lot probably. I am going to try again someplace else. I love David Austin roses--I have the Eden, Falling in Love, and Wildeve. Then I have a yellow, white, and a hot pink rose that I have bought from garage sales and I really don't know what they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandy! You are right...these are the roses I had on the tray at the workshop! I wonder what happened to the roses that you tried to dry? Maybe they did get too warm on your chandelier. I love the David Austin roses too!

      Delete
  2. How beautiful, I love crochet, in fact any old pieces will be rescued by me. I also find odd pieces useful for all sorts of things. I never pass them up at sales. The laces go so well with roses. I love your pictures.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janice! I have a hard time passing up crochet pieces and doilies as well!

      Delete
  3. Love the gorgeous little bouquets all wrapped with crochet! So pretty to have those gorgeous blooms when everything is cover in snow. Thanks for sharing your technique.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Patti and for hosting your fun party each week!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!