Sunday, May 20, 2018

A Little Princess Window Display


I so enjoyed putting together the May window display at Camas Antiques again!  Last year my theme was the Secret Garden.  This year I went with another Francis Hodgson Burnett classic, A Little Princess.


So, as you can see it was all about pale pink paint finishes, ruffles, frills and flowers!  The featured Annie Sloan Chalk Paint® mix - Old White with a dash of Scandinavian Pink!


Pretty dishes, of course!


A beautiful antique secretary in Paris Grey Chalk Paint® - Read more about this makeover project here.


Stacks and stacks of luscious bed linens!  Many have found new homes but there are still a few lovelies available!


Urns, tables, chairs, topiaries, dresses, glitter book stacks, concrete birdbaths and more...


It came together so beautifully.  But I can't take all the credit.  I had some wonderful helpers!


My 6 year old daughter punched out dozens of pink paper butterflies to glue to the tree branches donated from my in-law's farm.


My husband loaded and unloaded the heavier furniture and concrete pieces more times than he cares to remember!


And my sweet friend Deanna of The Dollhouse at Camas Antiques spent the day helping me haul loads of goodies from my house to the store.  She also helped me arrange and rearrange things throughout the day until everything fit just right!



Taking photos of a window display is tricky business.  The only way to get photos through the glass without the glare is to take them at night.  Unfortunately the lighting isn't ideal in the dark.


So, here we have a few photos taken during the day from inside the display!





The window has endured many changes since these photos were first taken, but the larger pieces are still there, even the bed which has sold.  Fresh merchandise has been added throughout the month.  Just 10 more days until everything changes!


These sweet bedside tables painted in a mix of Scandinavian Pink and Old White were a late addition to the display.  They have since sold and left the window.

I will be working on more projects to add to the display this week and hope to share the details with you here over the next few days!

Thank you for your sweet visit today!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda