Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A Bedroom Vignette for White Wednesday



I am joining in the fun of White Wednesday at the Faded Charm Cottage with some photos of a corner of my purple bedroom!  Yes, a purple bedroom for White Wednesday!  As you can see, my purple room is accented with lots of white and cream.  I recently added this little desk to our master bedroom and had fun decorating around it.   

A cozy little vintage inspired desk to sit at and read, pick out and put on jewelry or write a note.  (Who am I kidding?  It will be piled up with stacks of laundry in a day or two!)

I picked up this vintage hat at an estate sale.  Unfortunately it doesn't actually fit my head, (I am beginning to think that women in the 40's and 50's had smaller heads) but I sure love the floppy white roses and how the colors compliment my purple walls.


Who says teacups are just for sipping tea?  I use my violet cup collection in this pretty iron stand to hold and display jewelry!


I love having my wedding tiara out where I can see and enjoy it everyday.  Every now and then I slip it on just to feel regal...I think every toilet-scrubbing, nose-wiping, over-worked mom should have a tiara!

Thank you for stopping by!  Don't forget to visit Faded Charm Cottage for some pretty White Wednesday inspiration!