Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fun With a Dress Form & a Boy With His Kitty!

A little over a week ago, I mentioned to my mom how much I would love to have a dress form.  Two days later, she showed up on my front porch with this lovely lady!  You'll never guess where she found her!  HomeGoods!  I had her all dressed up and in my space at the store last week but her fancy frocks have sold and since I didn't have any other clothing to sell, I thought I would enjoy her at home for a bit! 
Here she is in my bedroom, wearing a lacy vest and my grandmother's knit shawl, circa 1950. 
 I've dressed her especially for White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Of course she needed some bling too!  Pearls, pearls and more pearls!  Do I wear them all?  Not all at one time, but I love displaying them together and when I want to wear a pearl necklace, it's fun to have a variety of lengths and styles to choose from!  Some were special heirlooms and gifts, others were picked up at estate sales and such. 
My mom said that the dress forms had just arrived in the store the day she was there and that they were all in shopping carts except for this one!  I am so happy to have her and will for sure have a ton of fun playing dress up with her!  Thank you, mom!
 Look who joined me in the bedroom for my little photo shoot today?  These two were so adorable.  I couldn't help but snap some pics of them too!
My husband and I are seriously jealous of the love and affection this cat gives our boys.  He will have nothing to do with either one of us!  It's the funniest thing.  Can't you just see the love here?  Pretty sweet, huh?
My little guys hug on this kitty, carry him around, build him forts out of cardboard boxes and cushions and tease him with ribbon and toys.  He follows them around like a puppy.  He almost never tires of their attention.  If my husband or I try to pick him up or pet him, he bites us!  I am not exaggerating!  I can't explain it and I don't understand it, but he is who is and he loves who he loves.  He is one quirky but adorable kitty.  

Thank you so much for your sweet visit, dear friends! 
I hope you have a wonderful week!
 
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

11 comments:

  1. What a nice post! I would dearly love to have a dress form..it looks beautiful with your fashions and pearls.I do some sewing for myself,
    this would be great to check out how something will look.
    Have a great day!
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your new dress form and so sweet of your mom to pick her up for you! We never stop playing with dolls; we just get bigger ones with more realistic bodies LOL! Love the pics of your son with the cat, especially the last pic where they both look like they're smiling! So adorable! Enjoying your blog very much! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you've styled the dress form! Adorable pics of your son and kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have dressed up your dress form, it looks beautiful. Such sweet pictures of your son and the kitty too.... almost looks like the kitty is smiling in the last picture!!!
    hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda,
    Vintage Dress Forms are my Favorite. I love how you dressed her all ready for White Wednesday!!
    Thanks for sharing my favorite Vintage.
    xxx Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. She so pretty all dressed up! I have 2 antique forms that I once had in my store. They are here at home now. They have names, are very sassy and like to dress up too! They will be jealous when they see the pretty new girl. (Yeah, I get a bit carried away sometimes).

    You son is precious. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't moms wonderful? Our TJX had several and I picked one up for myself. she isn't dressed as beautifully as yours is tho.
    What a handsome fella, well your son and the cat :)) and a great photo. I love that Mr.Cat is loyal to your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pearls are divine!
    Sandra Evertson

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is adorable.
    My favorite color is pink.
    the dress is very pretty vintage

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwwww.....what a nice Mom you have and your baby boy and his kitty are so sweet! My old mannequin wears lots of pearls too. They are ones I have picked up from yard sales, planning to use them in projects. They look good on her. :)Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving your sweet comment. Hope to see you lots. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. EL NIÑO Y EL GATO PRECIOSOS ME PARECE UNAS FOTOS AMOROSAS.
    SALUDOS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!