Thursday, October 20, 2011

Old Bottle Crate Curio

At least once a week I make my way to Camas Antiques to restock and fluff my little space.  Usually I am bringing in treasures found at an estate sale the previous weekend, but sometimes there just aren't any sales to attend.  Then there are those weekends when my busy schedule doesn't allow me to make it to a sale, but towards the end of the month it seems that I am usually just plain out of spending money!
Still, I've made it my goal to work on my display at least once a week and not arrive at the shop empty handed.  And sometimes that means getting creative with what I have at home. 
This was one of those weeks...running out of money, no great sales to attend and really no time for them anyways.  I pulled this old bottle crate from my "junk pile" in the garage, cleaned it up a bit and went to work filling it with little treasures to create a "curio effect."  A very old family photo, a couple sets of monogrammed napkin rings, jars and salt shakers filled with dried roses, and a few printed cards with vintage jewelry tucked into each cubby with a bit of lace trim makes for a fun little vignette to add to my display.
Thank you so much for your sweet visit!  I look forward to skipping around blog land to see what lovely inspiration all of you incredibly talented, creative ladies have to share this week!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda


Joining these fun blog parties... Special thanks and hugs to the wonderful hostesses! 

Debra - Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Cindy - Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Sherry - Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Courtney - Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Honey - Potpourri Party at 2805

 

14 comments:

  1. Love the curio crate and a great way to display stuff to sell or to make of yourself. Now I wish I could dig out an old crate! Hugs and by the way I love your new blog look and header! Perfect and one of my Favorites. Marilou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look ! Just goes to show you , you don't always have to spend money to get a new look .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the curio crate.It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so Pretty.. And I LOVE your new header... Very Fitting... : ) I just posted a fun tutorial stop by and check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely- and beautiful with the jewlery on old cards.
    A wonderful display.
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the curio. What a great idea!I never cease to be amazed at the creations blog ladies come up with...beautiful creations!
    Blessings,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done! Your creativity in making a utilitarian object into a beautiful curio is impressive! I love the lace, the pictures and the flowers in the jars.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a gorgeous post!

    So beautifully done and now I've got to go look again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, The finished wall art looks too much spectacular, I I saw your article in one of the website and I stumbled here. Your first photographs will be best for my Christmas arrangement. I visited your all blog post and wonder to watch your arrangement of various colours in one photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous & Creative.... I Love what you did, taking this & that & creating a real Gem~ the dried roses in the old shakers are Perfection!
    Love, Love, Love your Header!
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found you today. You have very pretty things. Thank you for sharing. Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your crate Amanda ~ and you fancied it all up with your special treasures ~ very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love, love, love that crate and the vignette you came up with. SO clever! I am thinking of renting out a booth in our local thrift store, and this is one more idea I'll keep rolling around in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! Love the cubby. Thank you for linking it with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!