Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Romantic Old Silver and Creamy Glamis Castle Roses for Fall

This is the first year I've attempted drying my Glamis Castle Roses.  I am loving the buttery cream color.
This charming old tea set was one of my favorite finds as I shopped a few rummage and estate sales last week.  I just added it to my new tea display at the shop yesterday, along with this sweet silver basket...
It has a beautiful rose motif inside the bowl.
 You'll never guess where I found this lovely basket.  It was amongst the dirty tools and such in the garage at an estate sale last weekend!  It was so dirty that my hand was black from carrying it around with me!  Do you know what this basket is called?  Some might call it a "Bride's Basket" but from what I've read, Bride's Baskets have stationary handles.  This basket's handle is hinged...which means it was a "Cake Basket" used to hold petit fours.  I've cleaned and polished it and it has been added to my display at the store!
  This beautiful silver hand mirror was another lucky estate sale find.  Apparently I was on a silver hunt last week...unintentionally!
The combination of the old silver and the creamy roses and lace is so romantic, don't you think?  And this cool Fall air has me longing to sit around a prettily set table and enjoy a hot cup of tea with a good friend!  How about you?  In the mood for tea time...I'll be painting up more "Tea Party Today" signs this afternoon!  I sold out of them quite some time ago and just haven't found the time to make more...until today (hopefully!)

I hope you are having a lovely week!  Thank you so much for your sweet visit!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda


Joining these fun blog parties...
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Party at 2805
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Wow us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

27 comments:

  1. you have so many gorgeous pieces!

    and pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vignettes are awesome. I love vintage silver. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pieces you have here. I’m having a charming GIVEAWAY this week at my blog…come by and check it out!

    blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE - LOVE - LOVE your blog header. Exudes simplicity and elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I went to Camas Antiques last Friday...your window display and booth are FABULOUS! Unfortunately it was a window shopping trip and not a shopping trip this time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photoes- I love all your old silver .
    Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda,
    What a beautiful vignette!! The vintage silver is just stunning!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lot of gorgeous finds!! I love your photography too! So pretty.

    evie @ brown paper packages

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have found some exquisite silver pieces! Quite lovely - great hunting! I just love your roses - the name and the creamy look!
    Fabulous!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful silver and roses! How have you been. Hopefully we'll meet up sometime soon:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amanda, I just saw your post over on Wow Us Wednesday. What a beautiful blog you have! Such pretty vignettes! I am now your newest follower! I hope you will follow back! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely beautiful! I pinned your silver display on PINTEREST. Glad to have found your blog through Common Ground.
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Amanda,
    What a scrumptious post! Love your silver finds and the creamy roses are dreamy! Thank you for sharing your pretties.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firstly your roses are fabulous. Secondly your silver finds are awesome. What a gorgeous set you have. Thanks for sharing!

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Amanda!
    Love all your wonderful treasures...what a lovely blog.
    I am following you and invite you to join my new blog's followers list at A Tasteful Touch http://atastefultouch.com. I look forward to returning to your blog.
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flowers and silver are gorgeous, Amanda! The romantic styling of your vignette and photos are excellent!

    I am delighted that you shared this post at Potpourri Friday! You participation is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amanda, all the silver and gorgeous roses are just wonderful, what a yummy display, you're such a romantic! tea sounds wonderful! thanks for sharing the inspiration, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Amanda!

    Wow, all of your finds are lovely and vignettes just perfect!!! :) So glad you were able to find me and join in on my first giveaway! I like your blog and want to follow back, but I can't seem to see the followers widget on your page. Apparently this has happened a few times with other bloggers. I will try again later. :) Anyway, thanks again and enjoy your weekend!


    Cheers,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just thought I'd let you know that I enjoy your blog and featured it on my post today.

    Thanks for all the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello dear friend, thanks so much for visiting and your lovely comment on my blog. Your silver collection is stunning!

    xo, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  21. You not only have found some great pieces, but you have displayed them so well. The roses are the "icing" on the cake so to speak!

    ReplyDelete
  22. your roses dried amazingly well! I love the rounded shape they held. I've had some good silver finds too recently. That's a good thing, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your silver is gorgeous~ love the etched piece and your dried roses are just beautiful! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, this is stunning! I love those roses. I featured you this week for your Beatrix Potter window on my blog. Thank you for joining me for the HSH Fall Open House!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!