Friday, January 23, 2015

Blank Slate Dresser...All Prettied Up!


Talk about a blank slate!  This little dresser didn't have much going on when I brought it home from an estate sale a week ago, but I knew it had potential.  It was vintage, sturdy and the drawers opened smoothly.  No repairs or major overhaul needed...just paint and some accessories to pretty it up!


I am always on the lookout for pieces that could be transformed by the addition of a beautiful applique.  I have a sweet friend with a large selection of amazing, reasonably priced appliques not far from me and I am always looking for an excuse to visit her and her lovely shop!  The Purple Pear on Glisan in Portland, OR is my source for appliques and she offers them on her website as well, http://www.purplepearshop.com/


She does not yet have all of her appliques loaded on the site, but she recently posted this collage photo on Facebook and I know she would take a phone order as well.


I also bought the lovely new knobs from The Purple Pear, a huge improvement from the original metal pulls, I think!


For paint, I started with a custom mix of Provence, Old White and Olive.  After applying two coats and allowing them to dry, I went over them with a coat of Old White, wiping it way in places as I went along. 


I finished off the look with both clear and dark wax after some light distressing around the edges.


This lovely piece dressed up in her beautiful new finish complete with romantic applique and sweet drawer pulls is ready for a new home!
  

But for now she is sitting pretty in my booth at Camas Antiques!

Thank you so much for your sweet visit today!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda



Sharing With:
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch To Yours
 Friday's Unfolded at Nancherrow
 Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
What's it Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants