Thursday, April 19, 2012

A Lovely Birthday from Beginning to End...

I celebrated my 32nd birthday on Saturday. 
Funny, that number sounds bigger when I see it in print than it does when I say it!

My husband handed me a Starbucks gift card and took the little boys so that I could have the entire day to myself.  What a luxury!

I headed out the door early to shop a couple of estate sales!


Have you seen these cute little pink frosted donuts at Starbucks?  I think they're actually called birthday cake donuts!  They are sort of a birthday breakfast tradition for me.  Healthy, I know!  More than anything, I think they're just pretty, and a fun and frivolous birthday treat!


Estate sale shopping was fun, and I brought home quite a few treasures, many of which you will be seeing very soon!  This sweet little wooden dollhouse is one treasure that I am planning to keep! 
I have always wanted a doll house and this one is such a nice size, and I adore the tiny scalloped wood shingles!


I am loving the character it adds to our dining room buffet, alongside the pretty, springy watering can of flowers from my mom!  It's a great romantic cottage home accessory and I can think of a dozen places where it would look good in our home!  Yes, this one is a keeper for sure!

(photo by Solanah of Vixen Vintage)

I've always thought that it was a bit sad that I share my birthday with the anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic (and Lincoln's assassination!).  It just worked out this year though, as Solanah of Vixen Vintage was hosting a lovely Titanic Tea!  My mom and I dressed up in our prettiest, vintage looking attire and had a wonderful afternoon at the Grant House at Fort Vancouver.  If you love vintage clothing, you will adore Solanah's blog!  She is such a sweetie too, and her tea party was a lot of fun!  There were some amazing costumes at this event and the venue was wonderful! 
It was a perfect mother/daughter birthday outing! 

Later that evening, my husband and little boys met me at home with a takeout dinner, so I didn't have to do any cooking or kitchen cleaning on my birthday! How thoughtful!



A special birthday present arrived in the mail this week!  My dear friend Jessica made this sweet pink felted wool handbag just for me!  Isn't it adorable?  I love the color and the darling row of handmade rosettes!  Jessica recently opened an Etsy Boutique, Made By J where she sells her lovely creations!  Thank you for such a wonderful and meaningful gift, Jess!  I will treasure it! 

That's it for now... I better go grab my paint brush and get to work! 

I hope to have more projects to share with you soon!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda


Joining these fun parties today:
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home



 

15 comments:

  1. Happy Belated birthday.What a fun way to celebrate.Love the pink donut.I don't go to starbucks.There coffee makes my heat beat a little too fast.But I may have to go for the donut.That buffet is really pretty.Love that sweet doll house too.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Amanda! It sounds like you had a wonderful day.

    That dollhouse is just darling. I have one that is similar to it, and I have great fun finding cute stuff to go in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Amanda!
    It looks like it was a fab day!
    32 doesn't seem so big... I LOVED my 30's, enjoy them!!
    The new doll house, is adorable:-)
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated Birthday... Looks like it was a great day, Love all the pink!
    Ciao,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an amazing Birthday (Happy Birthday!) I can remember being 32.... seems like just yesterday~
    Love the treasures, I think the photo of the fancy tea is to be most treasured~
    Thanks for sharing
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday Miss Girl in Pink. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dollhouse looks perfect right where it is! I love the white and warm wood tones together. I would have bought that sweet house, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that sweet pink handbag--what a great friend! I also think that dollhouse is darling. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous dollhouse, and what a lovely bag too - cute colour! It sounds like a lovely way to spend a birthday - you have a very special husband! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday. Your house is lovely, I love it. I just joined your blog and hope you will join me to read about my farm girl life and much more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday! I love when I find a blog and then figure out we live really close to each other! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that dollhouse. You and your mom' vintage clothes are stunning. I would put that photo in a beautiful frame!

    Hopping by and following your FB and Pinterest. I am also inviting you to join my blog's giveaway, which prize pack contains the following: VIP coupon for a free 4-pack of Yoplait Trix yogurt for kids and Yoplait branded items including an insulated lunch tote, ice pack, backpack, folder, zippered pencil pouch, pencils, erasers, and pencil sharpener. This is the link to join (and where you can follow me too): http://olahmomma.com/blog/intrixicated-yoplait-trix-review-and-giveaway

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had lovely day! That is the way our birthdays should be! Hugs! Florence

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and I will happily follow.

    If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
    (Sweden)

    PS Pink is my fav colour:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Amanda! I adore your dollhouse and your new pink bag! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!