Monday, May 7, 2012

Au Revoir to My Pretty Table and Chairs


The table and chair set that I painted for the Jane Austen Inspired Window has sold and will be leaving the store tomorrow.  I am so happy that they are going on to a new home where they will be loved but sometimes it's just so hard to say goodbye!


As you can see, I was really having fun with this set in our living room.  If I could have only justified having a third dining set in our house, right next to the dining room...  Hmm...it seems a little excessive.  But it really came in handy when I hosted a ladies' game night last month.  Unfortunately that only happens once a year.  So, this pretty little set is moving right along to her new home!


Here is a look at the progression of the chairs' transformation.  As always, I love how a little distressing and dark wax can add so much character to a chalk painted piece, especially one with lots of fun detail!


The colors I used here are Annie Sloan's Old White, Paris Grey and Duck Egg Blue. 



I thoroughly enjoyed painting the detail work on the chair backs.  It was all of those spindles that were so time consuming and monotonous.  This was one of those times when I wished I'd had a sprayer and a place to spray my furniture....just for all of those gazillion little spindles!




You can read more about the table sold with the set of chairs by following the link here.



Here is one more look at the dining set in it's home in the window.  Tomorrow, the scene will be a bit different.  I wish I had another beautiful painted set to put in it's place, but I am just not quite that prolific with my painting.  What I do have is a lovely old round, wood gate leg table.  I think it will work.  I hope to have a couple more pieces completed and worked into the display before the Mother's Day sidewalk sale on Saturday!  It will be a fun event, with coffee and cookies served and a free gift to the first 50 customers!  If you're in the area, please stop by! 
You are sure to find the perfect Mother's Day gift!

Thank you for your sweet visit!  I hope you are having a lovely day!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda







Sharing this post with these fun link parties:

White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Wow us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Furniture Feature Friday with Miss Mustard Seed
Friday Feature Party at Redoux Interiors

24 comments:

  1. Good for you! I was thinking about asking you last night if you had a good weekend and sold a lot of pieces. I'm not surprised the table sold, it turned out so beautiful. I got a table/4 chair set at a garage sale this weekend and it has so many spindles I splurged and ordered a paint sprayer! It's the Command Maxx the gal from the Polka Dot Closet recommended. It was only $75, which I figure is about 2 cans of Chalk Paint! I'm excited to give it a while when I get it. Have a great week and have fun at your sale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda,
    Yay for you.I am glad it sold so fast.I knew it would.You did an amazing job painting it.That is one lucky person.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dining room set is just gorgeous! I love the colors so much. If I decide to splurge on the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I'll have the hardest time deciding between the Duck Egg Blue or the Paris Grey. You're work really is amazing! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Amanda!!!!
    I loved this dining set and also your whole display, I believe I commented on it before!
    Incredible detailed work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just came across your blog Amanda, absolutely LOVELY! You are very talented and I can't wait to see more! Congrats on your SALES! From one sweetie to another....Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is even more stunning and perfect in person! And yes chairs are very labor intensive. The person who purchased them must be on a cloud. The window display is really a work of art. I feel so fortunate to have been able to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda, I just sent you an email. Hope it didn't go in your spam folder:) I envy the person who got your table set. It is so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sweetie~ ~
    Congrats on the sale of the set. It is lovely. You should do well with such a great looking window to display. I hope Sares lets us know how the spray painting goes with the ASCP. I'll keep checking back.
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous set. The chairs are tooo sweet. Wish I had some of these to paint. I'll be on the lookout now after seeing your makeover.
    Im now following you. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and maybe you'll follow back???
    THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not surprised that pretty set sold already. You did a terrific job on it.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my--the lucky person who was able to purchase that! You did an amazing job..it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute! Very cottage-y. Now following, come visit me sometime :)
    ♥Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can tell this set was a labor of love! Beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE IT! I wish I had seen this BEFORE I got rid of MY SET just like it!
    You did a gorgeous window display and The Facelift on the ordinary is SO romantically fun!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! I always pass them up when I see them but what a wonderful transformation! So sweet! Thanks for sharing...visiting you from MMS FFF...happy Mother's Day and have an awesome Friday!

    -Kennesha
    www.restorationhouseinteriors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful job on the chairs! I love the how you brought the details out! I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amanda,
    Love that table set! Cause I have one just like it......except the chairs are like your before picture. The table legs are white and the top is in natural too, course, I still need to finish refinishing it, it just has a tablecloth on it for now, but have
    always tried to invision what the chairs would look like white.
    Yours looks wonderful, you did a great job and not surprised you
    sold it!! Tried to see where you are located but couldn't find it
    on your profile.
    Hope your Mother's Day sale goes well, and you meet lots of fun
    new ladies..............
    blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much! I am the person who bought the set. It is just beautiful and looks so nice. It is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. dear amanda,

    i can totally see why you would be reluctant to part with this set. the chair backs, especially, are breathtaking. i literally couldn't believe what i was seeing. the way you painted them, they are reminiscent of william morris. i am so inspired. and thank you, too, for sharing the ascp colors, because i was looking at them guessing that, other than old white, the colors were duck egg blue and provence, because they look so vivid. when you mentioned paris grey and duck egg blue, i thought, "ah-hah. she has the true artist's gift of understatement. that's true taste." wonderful, wonderful creating, and beautifully captured in your post. i'll be back to visit again.

    blessings,
    ann...who's visiting via vintage inspiration at common ground

    ReplyDelete
  20. Once again just over the top gorgeous! Beautiful job Amanda.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is absolutely gorgeous! I discovered you on Common Grounds and I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks great! I'm going to share this on Facebook so my mom can see it! She is unhappy with her current oak set! Thanks for sharing! ~ Tammy ~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!