Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Vintage Vanity Comes Home...

                             
      

My mom was sweet enough to help me move what was left of my window display into my booth space last night.  I couldn't quite fit every piece of furniture into my space, so something had to come home with me.  I am not a bit sorry that my little vintage vanity didn't sell.  I am just loving it in our family room!  I think this is where it was meant to be!


A vintage vanity, placed beside a comfy chair, with a lamp and a stack of favorite books sitting on top makes for a charming end table.  The skinny drawer is the perfect size for remotes, and the cupboards are ideal for games and puzzles.  In the opening where one might expect to see a little chair or stool, a vintage picnic basket holds a couple of folded throw blankets.  I adore the idea of using vintage furniture pieces in unexpected places!


My Eden roses are in full bloom!  I looked forward to picking this first, lovely fragrant bouquet all...winter...long!




I hope you are having a wonderful week!  Stay tuned!  I will be back very soon with an exciting giveaway that you won't want to miss!  Thank you for your sweet visit!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda



 
Sharing this post with these fun link parties:
Open House Party at No Minimalist Here
Restored it Wednesday at Restore Interiors
THT at From My Front Porch to Yours
Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday at The Pickett Fence
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Home
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Fridays Unfolded at Stuff and Nonsense
Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound

38 comments:

  1. Your vanity is just beautiful! You're right. It looks right at home there. I love all your pretty photos. The basket is such a cute idea. Love the lamp and the roses too! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vanity is beautiful! It appears to be in the perfect spot in your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your vanity is perfect being placed beside a comfy chair. I love its color...and these roses are divine! Wishing you a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to use the sweet vanity. I can't understand why it didn't sell because it's so pretty, but you just never know about customers. Oh, how I wish I could grown roses like yours.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it. It's so girlie and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. It truly belongs there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks beautiful there! Sometimes things just work out how they are meant to be. Your home is the right home for that piece. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amanda,
    Such a lovely piece and perfect for your living room. I always look forward to stopping by One Girl In Pink.
    Elyse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your vanity is beautiful.. I just love the color. I think that is the perfect spot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one lovely piece of furniture! I like how you chose to use it. Your roses are just so beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is one of the prettiest vanities I've seen. I love the color and the way you decorated it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your vanity. It's really pretty and you're lucky you get to keep it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a neat piece! Love the color too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you are right, it looks fantastic and I do love the green. Not my usual color but it is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  14. the vanity is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Once again just over the top beautiful. Its perfect in your room, everything looks so relaxing and those roses are just beautiful.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. HPS!

    These roses are so beautiful!


    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  17. My Eden bush is not even a foot tall yet so for now I will enjoy your blooms while I wait for mine to grow.
    HPS
    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are gorgeous roses!! They must have a zillion petals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your vanity! This is the second time this month I have seen Eden roses featured somewhere. I think they are my next planting!
    HPS,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your vanity is wonderful and I love how you are using it. And, I adore the color. My Eden roses are in full bloom too...oh, how I love them!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would have kepi it from the beginning. Love the shape of it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your Eden roses are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have never seen anything like this piece. I can see why you're so happy it didn't sell. It's yummy.

    Blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very pretty!

    Come and join me with my Color Connection meme through my PINK entry. Hope you join the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  25. If I lived closer I would have grabbed that gorgeous piece from you. I love everything about it!!!!
    Your eden roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amanda, your little vanity is darling and makes a delightful piece in your home. I LOVE your Eden roses! They are absolutely scrumptious and make a beautiful bouquet. Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  27. The vanity is beautiful and the color is just perfect!
    Blessings,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  28. So very beautiful and inspiring! Thanks for sharing your gift of creativity with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Amanda,
    I love the color of your vintage vanity...so beautiful! And your Eden roses are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am in love with your vanity! I'll be looking for one now! And those roses are gorgeous, gorgeous!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  31. It does look like it's always belonged there. How every beautiful!!!
    And those Eden roses... I've seen them but never knew their name. I am going to be on a hunt now to find them. Are they hardy roses? I would love to add them to my rose garden!
    Thank you for sharing such a beautiful post!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    -april

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your vanity looks completely delicious in your room and those roses are absolutely stunning. Visiting from Pink Saturday.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the vanity. Really sweet. And that color is just perfect. Thanks for sharing, liz

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just found your blog and love it. The vanity is to die for! Looking forward to my next visit. Have a good night.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!