Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Aftermath


Tuesday is usually the day when I look around at the mess, the aftermath of a day or two of creating and pricing inventory for the shop.  Giving my little space at Camas Antiques some love often means neglecting my household duties (of course I don't neglect my sweet family, just the laundry, the dishes and the housekeeping).  Before I roll up my sleeves and start putting the house back in order, I'll share a few photos with you of the goodies that made their way to the Antique Store last night!  I hope you all had a lovely weekend!  It was so nice to have hubby home on Monday for Pres. Day and to have a break from running back and forth to the preschool!  I was literally in pajamas until after dinner last night...working away on my little projects!  It was wonderful!

I love this big pink basket and tried very hard to justify keeping it.  I just couldn't find the perfect spot for it in our home...so off to the shop it went!

I never pass up a Beatrix Potter book.  This one is very special because...it's pink!
This is a vintage Bessie Pease Gutmann print titled "Love is Blind."  So sweet!
It's all coming together!


Did you notice my petite chandelier hanging above the dollhouse in my little space at the shop?  If you remember reading about it in previous posts, you'll know that I bought it to go in my kitchen above the sink.  I haven't given up on that idea!  It just turned out to be more complicated than I had hoped and I am now on the hunt for very special kind of hook to make it work.  In the meantime I thought I would use it to glam up my space and shed a little more light on my treasures.  It does have a "for display only" tag on it which I hate doing...but I really don't want to sell it!  Sorry!  I know how disappointing it is to see something in a store that you love only to find a "not for sale" tag attached to it!  I have sold several chandeliers in my space over the years...I enjoy them but they never stick around very long!  This little sweetie is a keeper...I am not about to let her go!

Thank you so much for your sweet visit today!  Hi-ho, hi-ho...it's off to work I go!  Back to cleaning up the aftermath of a weekend of fun projects and a neglected household! 

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

I will be linking up with the following fun parties:
White Wednesday at Faded Charm