Friday, February 4, 2011

Pink Kitchen Tools Welcome, Frog Knick Knacks...not so much.

A girlfriend of mine tells a story about how she once showed interest in a little frog ornament while out shopping with her mom.  Next thing she knew, she was the proud owner of a full-on collection of frog knick knacks.   As it turns out, she's not too keen on frogs but once her mother bought her a couple, word got out that she was "frog obsessed" and one thing led to another... 

For your collection, Nicki.  Ribbit! (cute frog image courtesy of the Graphic Fairy!)
Such is the story of my pink kitchen tool and appliance collection.  In contrast to the frog collection, each and every one of these pretty pinks were a welcome addition to my kitchen!   My parents, my husband and sister-in-law have all contributed to my pink collection over the years for my birthday and Christmas.  I don't mind being "the girl who collects pink kitchen utensils!"  Unlike frog knick knacks, they are quite useful and compliment my cottage style kitchen so nicely!


This pink KitchenAid mixer mixes up a mean cookie dough!

These pretty pink mixing bowls are always on display on my kitchen counter...and they often show up at dinner parties filled with salad.  There is never any question about who they go home with at the end of the night.
Toast just tastes better when it comes from a pink toaster!

Our friends are most amused by our pink coffee maker as my husband is the true coffee connoisseur in our family. Hey, real men drink coffee from pink coffee pots, right?

I had to hurry and photograph these baking tools before my boys saw them out on the counter and thought we were going to bake cookies today!  Seriously, they see the hand mixer and immediately have a hankering for frosting!

Thank you so much for your visit today!  I hope you enjoyed a peek at my pink collection.  Do you have a collection that someone else started for you, welcome or not?  I'd love to hear about it!  I so enjoy reading your comments!  They make my day!  I will be joining the Pink Saturday party with Beverly at How Sweet the Sound this weekend.  Come join us if you love pretty pinks! 

Oh, and don't forget to come back and shop the Junk Salvation flea market with me!  Tomorrow is the big day and if you don't live in the Portland area, I am planning to share the eye candy with you right here in a special post!


Best Wishes and Blessings!
Amanda


18 comments:

  1. Oh how I *wish* I was in Oregon this weekend! Thanks for posting on this and creating a virtual shopping experience for the rest of us! Love your pink bowls, btw! Hugs, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the Kitchenaid stuff also. The only thing I cannot find is a pink immersion/hand held blender only red or black or white ones. Ihave a pink food processor too. Pink pots and pans, bowls, plates, my husband known as Pink Boy is very understanding! Enjoy your pink things! Pink hugs
    Marie Arden Pink Living

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could have a do-over, I would purchase a pink Kitchenaid instead of my white one. I'm sure your kitchen is delightful. Everything gorgeous.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. HELLO AND HAPPY PINK SATURDAY~I LOVE YOUR PINK MIXER!! I HAVE THE TOASTER AND A PINK COFFEE MAKER!! NOW I NEED TO GET ME ONE OF THOSE GORGEOUS PINK MIXERS AND ILL BE IN PINK BLISS :)

    XO~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink! Junk Salvation sounds right down my alley. Wish I was closer.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! I never knew that they sold appliances in pink! I love them!
    Leslie
    Your newest follower
    Tranquil Acres of Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovin' your pink kitchen goodies! Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. With all those great pink kitchen items, no wonder you cook up things in a pink style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh, you have such great taste!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love you pink kitchen appliances... especially the coffee maker, I've never seen one like that. I have collected several pink vintage kitchen appliances too, their so fun to display! Happy Pink Saturday!!!
    Blessings~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted a pink Kitchenaid mixer. Love all your collection and love your blog title. I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back!
    Happy PS!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday Amanda Sweetie...
    Put that mixer away quickly I hear the pitter patter of little feet coming your way. Cookies? Did someone say cookies?

    Oh I love your pink Kitchenaid mixer. I have wanted one for year. Perhaps one day?

    That toaster looks so beautiful, and a coffee maker too? How delightful and I also love your canister set. It is beautifully dusted with pink roses as well.

    Thank you for sharing today sweetie. I have so enjoyed my visit.

    Have a glorious weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty Kitchen pinks!! I love all of them!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tee hee! I am a closet pink kitchen accessory girl. I almost bought the pink stand mixer but looked at my husband and then said, okay, the white one.

    But we compromised and I have the pink can opener, pink batter scraper, etc. Plus, my LuRay dinnerware which shows off a lot of pink. Loved seeing your collection! So pretty.


    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  15. you are Queen of PInk! love all you kitchen pink gadgets! I have only pink kitchen aid mixer! boy oh boy! i got to look for more pinky gadgets like yours! happy PS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the great tour of this wonderful show! Wow...you really got some great pics of all those treasures. I admire you for sticking to your list. That is something I can never seem to do!
    Have a great week...
    Take care!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your pink kitchen collection....oh, so stylish with your Kitchen Aid and Cuisinart....and PINKNESS!!

    I'm trying to think what I am known as. Maybe best not to ask!!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved ur blogs and wat information that u issued is really very usefull for us .. thanks
    Kitchen Equipment

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!