Thursday, February 24, 2011

Little French Nest



Once upon a time, there was a beautifully delicate mother bird.
As she anxiously awaited the arrival of her little ones, she feathered her nest
as any good mother would do.


While the other little mothers were gathering twigs and leaves, this petite mademoiselle scoured the flea markets of Paris.  She sought out little gems and trinkets to create a place of warmth and whimsy for herself and her 3 perfectly elegant eggs.


Every day she gracefully travelled through the clouds with bits of vintage lace, bobbins of pretty pink thread, glitzy rhinestones, strands of pearls, and fancy French perfume labels.  Dropped and discarded treasures left on the market floor...if it fit in her delicate beak or carefully manicured talons, she scooped it up and carried it away.


It wasn't long before her nest was a charming, elegant  reflection of herself and her love for all things fancy and French.  She ruffled her silky feathered wings and nestled down on her eggs to enjoy the beauty that surrounded her and to dream dreams of sweet times to come
La Fin (The End)




As I created this whimsical and frilly little nest for spring, I couldn't help but daydream about a fanciful French bird who would feather such a nest for herself!  I hope you enjoyed daydreaming with me!  I am planning on putting together several of these nests for the shop very soon!  Just add it to my long list of fun projects I hope to get to between cooking meals, folding laundry, mopping floors and running errands!

Tonight I am kicking back and taking a break from it all!  The dinner dishes are done, the little guys are in bed and Netflix delivered...




Have you seen it?  I hear it's fascinating!  Audrey Tatou is so adorable and such a fabulous actress.


I guess you could say I'm in a French mood today...did you pick up on a common theme?  And to top it all off...


French Salted Caramel Ice Cream!


Ooooh La La!

I hope you have a wonderful evening!  Bonne nuit!  By the way, that little French perfume label is a free printable from The Graphics Fairy!  She has a marvelous collection of French Ephemera that she shares on her blog...absolutely free!  Okay, I am off to enjoy my French film and ice cream!  Thank you so much for your sweet visit dear blog friends!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda


Fun New French Inspired Blog Party!






I will be joining in the following fun parties:
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home Friday at The Charm of Home
Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy
French Party at Le Chateau des Fleurs

36 comments:

  1. Salted Caramel Ice Cream? Oh, momma! I would LOVE some of that. I've seen nothing like it around here, but now I'm going to scour the city until I find some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a classy nest, I'm loving all the french in there!!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable such a fine classy bird you have there! I sure could use some of that Salted Caramel Ice Cream right now. So take a bite for me. Have a great weekend, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virginia @ spider flowerFebruary 24, 2011 at 10:06 PM

    I love your little French nest. What a lovely idea. Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you are unbelievably talented and this is one of the most beautiful blogs. For real, can't wait to follow.
    Love the pics and the font. So cool.
    machelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little nest is fabulous, and the ice cream looks decadant - a GRAND day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely nest and a beautiful story! Hope that you enjoyed your icecream and movie. What a wonderful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet French nest, Amanda. That's one lucky bird! Hope you enjoy the movie, & let us know how you liked it.
    Gotta look for some of that yummy ice cream, too!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Amanda ... enjoy a fabulous Frenchy evening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little story!! How fun to put that nest together! The ice cream looks good too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a wonderful story and beautiful nest and eggs, love the french decorations and feel of it, i'm drooling for the caramel ice cream! thanks for the lovely words on my blog and thanks for sharing your beautiful post and i love your blog layout and the font you're using, so elegant! I havent watch the movie but i love chanel perfume no.5 that i used to wear and kept the bottle :)

    Blessings, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet post all the way through. I'll have to look for that movie. Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely little story and a beautiful nest!
    Enjoy your movie!
    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Jil

    ReplyDelete
  14. At first, I wanted soooo much to be that little french bird....I was having so much fun reading about all her adventures and gathering of treasures...but then....you had to mention the ice cream...Salted Caramel Ice Cream....OMG!! Now I have to be you...LOL!! I need to go out right now and find me some of that!!
    Thank you for such a lovely post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEAUTIFUL STORY AND A GORGEOUS NEST :) VERY TALENTED IN DEED :)

    XO~MARI

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad I stumbled upon you! You are a pure inspiration! Love your story..your work..your blog...
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Happy PS~
    Cricket

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Amanda,
    Your nest is GORGEOUS!!! and so is this post!!! I haven't seen the Coco movie yet, but it looks like I need to order it from Netflix!
    Happy Pink Saturday...Your blog is amazing!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. I truly enjoyed daydreaming with you!...(I have been doing a lot of that lately)...looking forward to Market Spring outings and gathering treasures for my own nest!
    Have a good weekend! Hope to see you on Monday!
    Hugs,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  19. How lovely! I really like how you filled your nest with so many goodies besides just eggs. That's so creative! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Pink Saturday Amanda Sweetie...
    I so love this wonderful share today. So French inspired. Your nest is so beautiful and filled with Paris delights. I love the little Eiffel Tower.

    I will have to check out the graphics fairy. I haven't been there. Thank you for the tip.

    Now did you like/love COCO Avani Chanel? I haven't seen it, but am wanting to. Let me know.

    Have a glorious weekend. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, that is fabulous! What a cute nest and I love your movie and ice cream. Great ideas here. Hope you enjoyed! Thanks for linking up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved your post today and your nests are charming...thanks so much for sharing all of this with us. Happy Pink Saturday to you, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your photographs are gorgeous and your display, oh my, how lovely!...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely nest and a sweet story to go along with it! I haven't seen the movie - but, am very interested - will see if it is on our Netflix!
    Hope you're having a wonderful day,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Pink Saturday, Love your post and your nest is sweet, have a great weekend! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is a very sweet story and I also love your nest.
    It's romantic and special.
    Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  27. Waht a lovely post. Beautiful, beautiful pictures. Thank you for the film recommendation.(-:

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a precious little nest! Full of wonderful goodies. Such a great post, I loved "Coco"!
    So glad you linked up with VIF!
    hugs,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  29. Darling little nest and such a sweet Frenchy post! I daydreamed right along with you!! :) Thanks for sharing this over at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. A wonderful French post just stuffed full of Frenchness ... right down to the ice cream you have now turned me on to... darn you!!

    The nest is adorable and so well narrated with your sweet story... thank you for sharing at the first Voila! party at French Cupboard ... hope to see you back next week!

    xo
    Jill
    www.gypsybrocante.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amanda,
    Thanks for letting me fly with that little bird into your fantasy world.
    Just lovely,
    Valarie

    ReplyDelete
  32. She sounds like a sweet little magpie mommy bird. Thank you for sharing your nest with us!

    Blessings... Polly
    French Cupboard
    Counting Your Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for linking up to the French Obsession party !
    Come back on April 1st for another party !

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love your pictures. Your ice cream selection makes me giggle. I love vanilla ice cream with homemade caramel sauce and salt I also add roasted pecans. I'll have to search for this at my local store. I didn't know such an ice cream existed. Your font is beautiful too. Doesn't that sound like an odd thing to say ;p

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm always in a French mood! Love your post today!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!