Saturday, February 26, 2011

Feelin' Like a Rhinestone Cowgirl


I'm a romantic, Victorian, shabby chic kind of a girl but I'm a little bit country too (okay, maybe a lot)!  I spent the first 5 years of my life on a farm with horses, goats and chickens. My dad was a farrier when he first met my mom and he paid his way through college as a rodeo photographer!  Hubby was born and raised on the farm where his parents still live to this day!  Why am I telling you all of this?  Well...I won a giveaway...the first giveaway I have ever won and it's a gorgeous Rhinestone Cowgirl Necklace created by the talented Tanya of Bead and Needle!  My favorite boots are my Laredo's and I love to pair them with a ruffled skirt and denim jacket!  Now I have the perfect accessory for my cowgirl chic attire!  Thank you, thank you Tanya for the generous gift!
 

I just had to share this photo from Tanya's blog.  I thought the cracker jack box idea was so clever and can you believe she even included two boxes of cracker jacks for my little guys?  So thoughtful!


Just look at how beautifully Tanya packages and presents her artful jewelry!  Lovely!


Tanya has cleverly titled this piece "Rhinestone Cowgirl" and boy am I feelin' it...Yee haw!  It's a vintage cowgirl image behind a crystal chandelier prism surrounded by ritzy rhinestones...I am smitten!


I must say a heartfelt thank you once again to sweet Tanya for the generous gift!  Now, I know you're anxious to check out her beautiful creations on Etsy, so here is a link to the Bead and Needle shop.  And please visit Tanya's blog here too and be sure to tell her I sent you!

Thank you for your sweet visit today!  Several of you have asked how I liked the movie "Coco Avant Chanel"...it was so wonderful!  The acting was great and the imagery was gorgeous!  It was an intriguing story and overall very well done.  I haven't returned it yet...I am tempted to watch it again!  I also highly recommend the French salted caramel ice cream (wink!) 
 
Best Wishes and Blessings!
Amanda