Monday, March 28, 2011

Caravan Girl's Game Night

Ever played Caravan?  It's a super fun card and dice game.  I recently joined a group of 12 gals who meet once a month to eat, play and have a fabulous evening together.  This month it was my turn to host!  I had so much fun shopping for the prizes, (with the money collected from the previous month's game!) planning and preparing dinner and dessert, and getting the house ready for the big game night!  Minutes before everyone arrived, I ran around frantically snapping pictures to share with you!

The Prizes = I shopped at HomeGoods, Marshalls and Ross.  It's sure fun to shop with someone else's money!  I bought a variety of gifts for the home and garden.




Set-up = 3 game tables...



The menu...

Super easy and delicious salmon chowder.  Find the recipe here.

Yummy homemade rolls with butter and jam.  Link to recipe here.


Spinach salad with strawberries and poppy seed dressing.  Recipe here.


Vanilla cupcakes with amazing cream cheese frosting.  Recipe found here.


What a fun evening with a great group of new friends! 


Thank you for your sweet visit today!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda


Linking up with the following fun parties:
Mingle Monday at Add a Pinch
More the Merrier Monday at DIY Home Sweet Home
Life Made Lovely Monday at Blessed Little Nest

11 comments:

  1. that looks like so much fun! we had a girls craft night and made valentines -- it was a big hit! i may have to try something like this. :)

    and your food has my mouth watering!
    thanks for checking out my blog & following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'd love to be at this game night! Looks like it was a lot of fun.
    xo,
    Sena

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,
    I am glad you stopped by BCH.

    I used to be in a Bunco group - it sounds kind of like this game. I loved hosting and shopping for the prizes too.

    Your home looks lovely in it's party clothes!!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, you amaze me with your creativity. Next time I host a party will you be my party planner? Seriously, you are very talented in all you do.

    Kenalyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! That looks so fun and the food looks amazing! I am a new follower and I love your blog. I cant wait to read more:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so beautiful! thanks for stopping by my blog today! Your blog is gorgeous! and so are your pictures and creativity! :) look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in a BUNCO, and it is always fun to host. Your evening looks lovely! Wish I was there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amanda , you did an amazing job ! Wonderful presents , setting and of course , yummy menu...I would love to be in a group like this :) Have fun girl !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your food looks like it came right out of a magazine...the strawberry salad looks so darn good. I used to play Bunco, sounds like this is a similar game, and I would host once a year with twelve of us. Sounds like a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my sweetie this game night looks deelish! I am sooooo hungry for sweets and I am trying to stay slim for summer! But ohhhh these cupcakes would hit the spot! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit with me, I always look forward to your comments. Your gifty treasures are darling as well!
    Squishy hugs and blessings,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!