Sunday, March 6, 2011

Easter Baskets on Parade!

Pretty pastel blooms, fuzzy little yellow chicks, pink twitchy nosed bunnies and most importantly the celebration of our risen Savior...oh how I love Easter!  When it comes to decorating and crafting, Easter is my holiday!  Love the true meaning of the Season, love the pretty colors everywhere I look and love the chocolate bunnies...mmmmm!  The stores are bringing out the Easter goodies and I am in a fluffy pink mood!  I kicked off my Easter crafting this weekend by putting together some baskets for the shop.  Between the Graphics Fairy and Miss Rhea's Free Clip Art Mondays, I have had plenty of vintage Easter inspiration for pretty tags to tie to my baskets.  Each basket is filled with paper shreds in a color coordinating with my handcrafted tag.




I was able to get out and do a little thrifting this weekend!  This sweet child's tea set is one of my favorite finds!  I can't wait to set it up at the shop!

Classic Winnie the pooh and Beatrix Potter stories in the petite hardback style are good sellers for me and work well with my displays as they almost always have pretty pastel covers.  I was fortunate enough to find a whole stack of them this weekend!  They make great Easter Basket fillers!


Reprinted antique Easter cards in vintage frames are a great way to add a touch of Easter to a display without investing in a lot of seasonal decor.  If they don't sell before Easter, I can change out the image.  I actually added little touches of glitter to these images but wasn't able to capture it in my photographs.



These peach pottery pitchers caught my eye and I knew they would be a welcome addition to my shop inventory.  A little larger than the average creamer, they are perfect for syrup when you're serving up a platter of waffles or pancakes!


A Big Big thank you to The Graphics Fairy and to Miss Rhea for the beautiful free Easter images!  I had the best time scouring through the amazing ephemera they offer and creating tags for my Easter baskets!

And I thank YOU for your sweet visit!  Do you love Easter crafts and decorating for Spring?  Stay tuned...there will be much more to come from the Girl in Pink! 

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda



I will be participating in these fun parties...
Life Made Lovely Monday at Blessed Little Nest
Brag Monday with The Graphics Fairy
Sundae Scoop at I Heart Naptime
Craftomaniac Monday
Amaze me Monday at Dittle Dattle
Making the World Cuter Monday
Metamorphasis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Being Creative at Gorgeous and Fun
Pretty Packages Party at Black Berry Vine

23 comments:

  1. Love all the pretty baskets! And the child's tea-set is to die for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What child wouldn't love to use one of your beautiful baskets to collect Easter eggs? Gorgeous! There are so many reasons to LOVE Easter and it certainly is a fun holiday for young and old alike! Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baskets are beautiful! I love all the free clip art also. And Easter is my favorite Holiday..Thank god for a risen Savior!
    Blessings,
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Vintage Easter Pictures are amazing. I love you beautiful baskets and I have this thing for a tea set so cute!
    I found you over on Lovely little Mondays. Your blog is beautiful and I will be visiting again. (I also have a pink kitchen aid...your looks amazing next to the teacups! ) I am following you : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is beautiful!! I love the vintage shabby chic feel to it!!
    Your baskets turned out awesome!! I love the one with the purple filler in it!!
    I stumbled on your blog thru lovely monday..I'd like to give you the "Stylish Blog Award". If you'd like to post it to your blog you can find it at my page at the following link
    http://shawnabatesart.blogspot.com/2011/03/ive-been-awarded-twice-in-one-week-two.html
    You deserve it I love your blog! I will also be posting a link to your blog on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! I Love Beatrix Potter!
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! So charming! You have inspired me to make some pretty Easter cards! I just linked up next to you at the graphics fairy! I'd love to have you visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Amanda,
    This is all SOOOO beautiful!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Amanda! You see, now I have learned! First make myself a nice cup of tea...then head over to your blog!!
    I thoroughly enjoy your posts. Just wanted to let you know this.
    My heart stopped when I came to the purple basket with the childs tea set...SOOOOO pretty, and the basket...a perfect color purple...so soft...
    There are certainly going to be a few lucky receipients of your easter baskets, Thank you for sharing them with us!!
    Looking forward to visiting again soon!!
    xoxoxo
    Cheryl;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a talent for display! Great ideas too. Thanks for sharing them!

    Jillian
    Bella Rosa Antiques

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the baskets and the vintage cards!
    You can't go wrong with Beatrix Potter. I taught for years and she will always be a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baskets and tags ae all so sweet! I hope you'll stop by and share them at the Pretty Packages Party!
    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/03/pretty-packages-party-7.html
    Smiles!!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly found and created some lovely things! The little tea set is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. First of all, I absolutely LOVE your blog! It's so beautiful...and I love the cursive font.

    The Easter baskets are gorgeous. Hard to believe we're not that far away from Easter. YAY!

    You're invited to stop by my blog whenever you can!

    http://cindyswanslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful cards and colors! I love the Easter baskets!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just discovered your blog through met monday. i love the way you write and your enthusiasm. i became a follower! i love your rachel ashwell bedding so much! i have been eyeing it in target for a whiile now...it is neat to see it set up.
    all the best, donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the sweet old fashion cards and baskets. And the faded pastels.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Easter baskets are so sweet! And how pretty are all your little treasures. I sure wish I could visit your shop.
    Visiting from the Graphics Fairy. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello sweet friend! Oh, my I adore these little baskets and the tags are even yummier! The spring holidays are so fun because of the pretty shabby pastel colors! I love the idea of the Pooh Bear books, that was my sons favorite cartoon!
    Hugs,
    Olivia
    ps~ I do alot of the same framing of old pictures and postcards with the vintage frames. i love adding a coat of shabby white paint to them too and distressing them, I bet your booth is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these pretty little baskets and drawings. Ny great aunt used to be an illustrator for Harrods, and your pictures really remind me of hers!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  21. The vintage images are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!