Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tea Party Sign

It's been a while since I've painted up any tea party signs, but I recently had a special request for one, so I pulled out my paintbrushes this morning and got to work.  It's always flattering when someone asks specifically for something that I've made!  When I first started making these signs, I did just a couple to see if people would actually buy them.  For more than two weeks they sat in my space...not a bite.  Then, all of a sudden both had sold and I was told that there were customers who came in to buy one and were disappointed that they were gone!  I made up one in my usual pinks this morning and dropped it by the shop for the woman who had called in the request.  Then I came home and started playing around with some khaki paint and thought I'd change things up and go for a more neutral look.  I am really liking how this one turned out.  The fabric rosettes are something new I'm trying too.  What do you think? 
How fun would it be to hang this from an ornate garden gate or from a low tree branch, inviting guests to a spring tea party in the rose garden? 
Speaking of roses, the sunshine yesterday coaxed one pink bud open in my garden!  Yes, I have one blooming pink rose...just in time for Pink Saturday!
I used Picnik's focal soften and wood grain texture overlay to add a little more dimension to this photo!  I'll be linking this up with the Photo Feature Friday party at A Rosy Note!
 

Thank you for your sweet visit today!  I hope you'll stop by again soon!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda 


Don't forget to join in on my favorite end of the week linky parties!  A special thanks to all of the lovely hostesses who welcome us each and every week! 

Photo Feature Friday at A Rosy Note
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Tea Time Tuesday at Lady Katherine's Tea Parlor

17 comments:

  1. Love your tea party sign...oh I have a hankering to go to my favorite Camas antiques but the grandbabies are here, and don't think that's something they'd get thrilled about. Love your rose...I don't have any in my yard and am thinking about getting a soft pink one and a white one...do you have any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you did with th etea party color/sign, Amanda. And, your rose is just beautiful.

    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sign is darling, Amanda! So creative! I love the rosettes,too. I have seen those on blogs and admire those who make them! Are they hard? Someday I'd love to try things like that, I just don't think I have the patience, hee hee!
    Enjoy this sun and have a fabulous weekend!
    ~xo/michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda,
    Love your sign! Delightful! I'll bet you sell a bunch over the summer:-)
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda, I think you've got another winner for sure in that sign. I love LOVE L.O.V.E. the neutral colors and that is saying alot from this dyed in the wool pinkie!! The fabric rosettes with the pearls really finish it off nicely!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sign is so sweet. I can understand someone requesting that you paint one for them.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a darling sign, how fun would it be to have a tea party outside!! Makes me want to try it. Thanks so much for linking up with VIF!
    xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello sweet Amanda! Too funny, I was just wondering what you have been up too as well :) I am in heaven over the moon for that tea party sign! Did you freelance the lettering? I wish I had a steadier hand, I have to use stenciling to make mine sellable. Wow! Gorgeous and how exciting you are moving to a new booth. I am sure it will be delightfully set up. Your taste is especially classy in my opinion! Anyhoo, I hope you have an amazing weekend. Can't wait to see what your new spot looks like!
    Squishy hugs,
    Olivia
    ps
    Yes indeed we are kindred spirits, Giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sign is just adorable Amanda! I love the little rosettes too. Thanks for sharing your pretty post at Photo Feature Friday. Hope you're having a good weekend :)

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a quaint piece of heaven you have created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful rose and perfect timing. I love your pretty tea party sign hung among the lovely flowers. Such pretty blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so so so pretty - especially that sweet sign! i host a garden party on Thursday's & would love to have you join the party! oxox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sign is absolutely darling!
    Great job. :-)

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool tea party sign, Amanda! Your blog is so vintage and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! No wonder people want it. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  16. There's nothing more I love than a tea party... and a tea party in a garden filled with lovely pink roses would be divine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tea party sign is just beautiful, Amanda! That must have made you feel wonderful that people came in the shop just to buy your signs! So, now you need to make more:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!