Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Sherpa

If you read my post on Friday, you know that my husband asked to accompany me to an estate sale for the first time ever in the 10 years we have been married!  In case you were curious about how our first Saturday morning out treasure hunting together went down, I think I can say it was a success...for me at least.  He didn't find anything he couldn't live without but was incredibly helpful and for the most part pleasant company!  I loaded his arms full of my treasures as we walked through the home and utilized his excessive height to grab things that sat just out of my reach!  The other shoppers were amused by the bored guy following his wife around, carrying boxes of dishes and linens.  He smiled and told them he was my "Sherpa."   I asked whether he would join me on future Saturday morning outings.  His response was, "we'll see."  I'll keep working on him!

I spent some time painting on Sunday and thought I would share with you a few of my favorite made-over treasures.  We are having a sidewalk sale at the antique shop this Saturday, so I am working hard to have some overstock ready to set up outside that morning!  Please pray for sunshine!  We do have an awning in case of rain, but our day would be so much more pleasant if the sun came out!  Here are a few things I've been working on this week.
The garage is pretty much packed full of more treasures awaiting a good scrub and/or a few coats of paint!  Wish me luck as I attempt to find enough energy to get to them all before Saturday!  I will surely have more to share with you by week-end!

It just occurred to me that I've never properly introduced you to my handsome hubby!  So, here is a face to put with the name...Mr. Girl in Pink?  Nah, I know he wouldn't go for that one!  He doesn't care for "hubby" either.  My hunky Sherpa?
This photo was taken by our dear friends last summer on a road trip to Salt Lake City.
Thank you for your sweet visit!  I hope you are having a lovely week!  If you live in the Camas area, be sure to come down to Camas Antiques on Saturday between 10am and 6pm.  Dealers throughout the store are having sales and several of us will be set up outside with extra goods!  Lots of wonderful last minute Mother's Day gift ideas!  My mom is sending me with some special 1 gallon potted plants to offer as well!  I am especially excited about the pink Lily of the Valley which could possibly be blooming by Saturday!  I'll be sure to take pictures to share!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

Linking up with these fun parties:
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Treasures and Transformations at Pink Postcard
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage

17 comments:

  1. Oh your hubby and you are so cute together! I am so glad you had a successful estate sale trip. Can't wait to hear how the sidewalk sale goes! Wishing you sunshine and sales! We are having one in July. It was really fun last year. I need to start getting some merch together!
    My Farmboy is like my Sherpa, too. He is usually hauling hay around for my horse though! I haven't dragged him to any sales yet. This summer.... hee hee!
    ~xo/michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy, girl. i haven't been up there in a while and really need to makea trip:-)

    Good luck!

    Also, cute sherpa.

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amanda-pants! I love your post! I can't believe the Mr. hasn't been to an estate sale with you... but then again, my Mr. hasn't either. He will accompany me to trips for treasures I find on craigslist, though. :)

    Good luck on your sale this weekend! I'll make sure to send my folks down to see you. :)

    Big hugs,
    Kaisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amanda, I'm a new follower to your beautiful blog...found you on White Wednesday. It's my first W.W.
    and I'm so excited to find so many beautiful blogs! Love all of your treasures!
    Wishing you a beautiful week!
    xx
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh such pretty treasures! love them all! warm wishes and a sunny week! di
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you that you got him to go with you! If my husband did I would faint! love the tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. awe! If I lived in your area I would sooooo come by and snap up that little round frame! :) Hope you have a wonderful sale!

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. All so lovely, i want it all!!!
    Love the round frame so much!! and the Tea cup!!

    luckysparkle.blogspot.com

    ~Anya

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a handsome husband you have! :) Wish I could be there for the sale...I am eyeing that oval frame!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're both so Adorable, but since Hub would probably not like that, You're Adorable & The Mr. is Ruggedly Handsome.... Love the story of your Estate Sale, Great to have someone Tall to reach that stuff.... Wishing You Sunshine & Lots of Sales for Saturday~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh your treasures are 2die4! Loving that shelf and oval frame! GOOD luck with the sale on Sat!
    Your hubby is handsome and you two are adoable together!
    Visiting from Transformations and Treasures today.
    xo
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  12. You found some beautiful things. I love the shelf and the frame! Gorgeous!
    Hubby looks like a keeper :) You make a cute couple.
    XO,
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you have some fabulous offerings! Good luck with the weather. I hope your handsome Sherpa goes with you again! What could be nicer?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your white gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great stuff! I really need to make it down to your shop, you have such amazing stuff. I bet it's fun having your guy go with you. You should have bought something really really heavy! That's the thing about being a single gal, you never have a big strapping man around to deal with the heave stuff.
    Good luck with your sale this weekend, I hope the weather cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops, forgot to say that last comment was from Tara, in care you think it was Michelle again and she was stalking you or something, hee hee!

    ~Tara(Sares)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You can never go wrong when you introduce a can of white paint to an old treasure, can you ;) Good luck with your sale!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!