Friday, April 29, 2011

Hobnail and Spring Blooms

Something about vintage white hobnail glass just shouts SPRING to me and beckons for cheerful pastel blooms!  I was fortunate enough to inherit my great grandmother's milk glass collection and though it has graced the mantle in the family room and curio in the bedroom, I am currently enjoying it in the kitchen!  One of my lilac bushes just started blooming this week alongside our beautiful pink cherry blossom tree!  I hurried out in the rain yesterday and gathered up some branches and blooms to fill the white hobnail vases and now our kitchen smells heavenly!  And...even though dark clouds loom outside the window, inside things are looking bright and cheery!
I will be sharing this post today with A Rosy Note's Photo Feature Friday, so I'll talk a little bit about the photography details here for those who are interested!  I edit with Picnik by Picasa.  I used the cross process feature again for all of these photos.  I know I'm in a bit of a rut but I really like the soft vintage glow it adds.  I also used "boost" to enhance the color.  On the first photo here I played with the focus zoom feature just for fun!  I am still learning the ins and outs of my camera and am by no means a professional!


Along with A Rosy Note, I'll also be linking up to the Pink Saturday Party at How Sweet the Sound!  Please go check out these fun parties!

Word is that we'll be blessed with some glorious sunshine this weekend!  Hooray!  And...I'm heading out to do a little estate sailing in the morning with my dear husband!  For the first time in 10 years, he asked to come along!  Can you believe it?  I'm kind of excited!  However, if he holds me back at all, this may be his first and last Saturday out treasure hunting with me!  I'll let you know how it goes!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

26 comments:

  1. I totally agree Hobnail shouts Spring! Your photos are spectacular I'm glad I found your Blog, this internet is a vast space! have fun treasure Hunting. And by all means don't let hubby slow you up! oxox, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qour pictures and your work is great!
    So I´m so glad, that you find me...so I find you!!!
    :)
    Great weekend for you!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are lovely and so are the pink bowls on your sink. . almost made me swoon!
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flowers AND your milkglass AND your photos. I like using Picnik, too! Your pics are absolutely dreamy!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are beautiful pictures! Love the processing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hobnail glass..it always creates a unique look.
    HPS
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so pretty! I have that same fan shaped vase and you have inspired me to get it out and use it!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful you have your great grandmother's collection. Bring in the lilac's just fill the house with such beautiful scents! It all looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hobnail is just so elegant looking and then putting pink blooms in those vases just really set them off. HPS!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely kitchen!!!

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  11. H Amanda - hope the treasure hunt went well, and hubby is still invited along next time. :-) Heading over to check out the site about the photos - yours are always SO beautiful! Happy weekend...Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how darling, your hobknob! I also love the kitchen photos. I think you do an amazing job with your photography! What kind of camera do you use?
    I am excited for the sunshine, too! I think I get to go horseback riding today. Yahoo!
    Have fun shopping with the husband. At least he'll be there to help you with the heavy stuff, hee hee! Don't forget to get him a latte before you start! ;-)
    ~xo/michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a great milk glass collection. Your shots are so pretty and your flowers from your garden are gorgeous. I would love to have a lilac bush. Must smell wonderful. Okay, now I'm in the mood to go buy more plants for the yard!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Amanda! I also joined Rosy Note's link party, and I too love cross process! Your photos are great! I will have to try the other editing features you used too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Look at your beautiful photos!! I wonderful to have both lilacs and cherry blossoms...I bet it smells delicious at your house. Thanks for sharing your pretty post at Photo Feature Friday :)

    Big hugs ♥ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG love your photos! Your kitchen is so pretty and I love the pink bowls. I am now a follower and will be back again soon. Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos.
    Hugs,
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi
    Your photography is breathtaking.
    Wishes for a Happy Pink Saturday.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful photos! I need to learn more about Picnic, your pictures are magazine worthy for sure! I, too adore milk glass, and have several pieces, including a pretty hobnail Fenton vase that my mom gave me. I can almost smell your lilacs:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are very lovely - I have used Picnik before - will have to explore it more -
    Gorgeous photos!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  20. This pink challenge was perfect for you! And your photos are absolutely gorgeous! Gotta go and see if my lilacs are blooming yet.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful photos!! Great blog - glad to have found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the hobnail...and I am a sucker for covered Chicken Dishes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very pretty post!!
    I love the hobnail!!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pictures are gorgeous! I love the soft blooms and your great grandmother's milk glass. You're so lucky to have these family heirlooms. Hope your junkin' day was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your photos are so pretty. The colours and the light look simply beautiful! I love that white china too. I've not seen it in England before...but I shall have to keep my beady eye out!!!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Greetings and Happy Pink Saturday, Amanda. I am so glad you joined us, and I hope you will continue. I can see that you are a true pink lady.

    I love your milk glass, and your photos are stunning. Your post was very interesting. I've been on the hunt for three small hobnail milkglass vases to use as a centerpiece. The hunt is always fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!