Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Girl in White With a Touch of Pink!

What is selling in the decorating world today?  Neutrals, neutrals, neutrals!  I do love color, especially pastels but I also love the neutral cream pallet that creates such a sweet backdrop for the pastels that are so cheerful and fun.  So, I've done a little revamping in my space at the antique store.  I started by pulling down the peachy pink fabric off of the ceiling and then brought in a bunch of creamy treasures. 

I gave this sweet little desk a face lift with several coats of pretty cream paint.  Sorry I didn't take a before picture but I'm sure you've all seen the 1950's french provincial furniture in a sort of off-white color with gold trim.  That was the look!  My mom had a bedroom set in this style when she was little.

The drawers were lined with the pages from a vintage novel.  I just love the look of these old yellowed book pages.

I had a fun day out shopping estate sales with a dear friend on Saturday and came home with lots of cream and white pottery...some old, some new, all elegant.  See my little "pop" of pink here - dried carnations.  Aren't they pretty?

Homer Laughlin Ironstone cups...

Kind of an after thought...I felt like this old scalloped lamp shade needed a little something extra.  I added a gold suspender clip and attached this cute little chick image from the Graphics Fairy.   The shade sits atop a vintage straw hat somewhat like a cloche. 

Thank you for your sweet visit!  It's time for me to switch hats and start planning a Star Wars birthday party for my big 5 year old boy!  I don't know where the last 5 years have gone!  It was also 5 years ago when I left the financial industry to stay home with my baby and start my business at the antique shop!  I think it's time for a giveaway, don't you?  I am working on one...stay tuned!

Best wishes and blessings,
Amanda

Joining in these fun parties:
Treasures and Transformations at Pink Postcard
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage
Treasure Hunt Thursday at Blue Creek Home

28 comments:

  1. I have the same desk. Love what you did with the drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could probably LIVE in your space at the store! Just beautiful - Have a wonderful week, Amanda...Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it all. The desk is wonderful and the wire lampshade cloche is so fun!
    ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodies is right! I love it all. We had a desk just like that we sold in our booth. It was unpainted but in good condition so I decided to try to sell it w/o painting it first to save myself the work. It sold within 2 weeks. I would have liked the withe too but the top had a plastic coating I didn't want to deal with.
    I bet the booth looks great~ Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way the desk turned out painted! Amanda, be sure to stop by our blog as soon as you can (and send me an email!!) I think you will be happy to find out why! ;-)
    ~michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to own that very same desk when I was little. Love the book pages drawer liners.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful treasures to add to your booth. I want to get up there on of these days. Have you been to Monticello's for the Spring Show yet?

    I loved seeing the sun today.....just wish it could stick around for more than one day at a time:)

    Take care,

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just lovely! Love that shade frame...

    Happy WW,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little dresser redo but most of all I love how you have put everything together and all the wonderful vintage pieces.

    Lovely display.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it all!!! Especially the desk. I have an entire set of French Provincial furniture...from when I was a child.....oh, I sooo need to paint it all!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful display. Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such lovely here, and your blog's name must be one of the most fabulous I've ever heard. just stirs up gorgeous imagery.

    come visit anytime.

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there,
    I just found you and well i like what I see...love the vignette :) enjoy the rest of your week and say hello to Luke Skywalker and Han Solo for me.

    Smiles,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, Love, Love your blog! Love that in a household full of males, You are the Shining Sweet Touch of Girlie & Pink! Thanks for Sharing
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such lovely treasures Amanda! I love what you did to the deske specially, and the lampshade is cool!
    Happy WW,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely blog..I'm a new follower!
    Pamela..French Buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the painted dresser. The picnic basket with the pink carnations and white pieces tucked in under it made me smile!
    I have a couple of naked lampshades in my booth that could use a little graphic fairy touch - great idea.
    Thanks for coming to Treasure Hunt Thursday.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi again Amanda! Congrats on winning the drawing at out All That Jazz Vintage blog! How fun that someone so close actually won it! I hope you enjoy all the goodies. I a having Michelle get me one of those bags, I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These neutrals are fabulous - especially the way you've put them together. I have a little FR provencal buffet that's waiting (and waiting...) for it's makeover. What kills me is that I had the ENTIRE bedroom set as a kid and now it's long gone... Glad I found you today via the Blue Creek Home linky. -diane
    http://www.sweeteuropeandreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Amanda, Everything is so pretty and beautifully displayed. The desk looks wonderful painted.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! I love your blog! Just landed here after surfing for pretty shabby girly stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh such fun stuff! I think I have the same picnic basket!! :) are the handles metal or wood on yours? Everything looks so cute- love the chicks from GF. I need to go print some Easter stuff! have a great week, thanks for sharing this at Transformations and Treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Amanda, I just came across your blog and all I can say is WOW!
    So glad I found you, I am now your newest follower.

    Irma

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your desk it gorgeous and you've staged it beautifully! Such a lovely vignette!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love what you did with the desk and all the creative touches, the picnic basket, the cups on the chair...every detail is perfect! Have you stopped by my blog to see my Easter-izing? I remember you commented on how much you like Easter decorations.
    Cheers!
    Rota

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have a desk just like that in my son's room...it was mine growing up but it is dark brown. It looks fabulous white! Hmmm...he really doesn't need it..hee hee!

    Thanks for visiting...loved your WW post and loved browsing with you through Monticello!

    Have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I enjoyed treasure hunting with you too! That was such a fun morning! I wished I had more space to take more treasures home... next time, I'll drive my car instead of taking the train! You have an excellent eye!

    <3, Kaisa

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just purchased a grey side table that you painted from Camas Antiques! I love it; thank you:-). Is this desk available for purchase?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!