Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thinking Outside of the Jewelry Box

I am a firm believer in displaying and enjoying beautiful things.  I can't stand the thought of something lovely being tucked away in a box!  For this reason, I have been playing with ideas for using jewelry in unconventional ways.  I recently purchased an old jewelry box that had several romantic bits of vintage costume jewelry stowed away inside.  The pink pearly collar is what initially caught my eye.  It wasn't until I got home and started sifting through the box that I realized I had uncovered some real treasures!  I wanted to display them at the shop in a way that would make customers think of them as accessories for their home in addition to being something lovely to wear for an evening out on the town!
I sometimes like to gather one corner of a tablecloth to add a little extra dimension and interest to a setting.  A vintage brooch works perfectly to hold the gather in place.
This pretty little Victorian hair pick was not one of my yard sale finds...it was a gift from my Aunt that I have treasured for many years!  Not only do I keep it out on display on my dresser, but I wear it too!

I'd like to thank The Graphics Fairy for the beautiful images she shares each and every day!  All of those that I've used in this post came from her site! 

One of my favorite link parties is Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound.  This week marks the 3rd year that the lovely Ms. Beverly has hosted!  In honor of Pink Saturday's birthday, I would like to crown Ms. Beverly the official Queen of Pink!  Congratulations on three fun years of pretty pinks!  And thank you once again for being such a lovely host!


I'm so glad you stopped by to visit!  I absolutely love reading your kind comments and making my way over to your blogs to see what brilliant things you've all been up to this week!  The inspiration and encouragement out here in blogland is so amazing!  Thank you dear blog friends, for being you and doing what you do!

Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda





I will be linking up with the following fun parties:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home at The Charm of Home
Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound
Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy Blog

38 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing post! I love vintage jewelry, and you have some gorgeous pieces. I really like they way that you have so creatively displayed them! The card in the flower frog is my favorite! And I just may have to borrow your idea of using a broach to gather a tablecloth! That is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your display ideas are wonderful and this post is simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found myself saying over and over, "Oh my goodness!!" as I read through your blog. Absolutely stunning what you have done with the jewelry, the pictures... all of it!
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pink pearl collar! and the 'Queen of Pink' card with the pretty pink jewels! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are beautiful
    love the way you displayed them..magnificient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post Amanda! I love all your vintage treasures and how you displayed and photographer them! Do you ever wear them? I have a few pieces and I used to wear them more often. I think a splash of old bling can be so classic and chic!
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend, let's hope for at least a day and a half of sun! :-)
    ~xo/michelle~

    ReplyDelete
  7. these pieces are truly gorgeous and I love the way you have displayed them. stunning!
    happy Pink Saturday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful!
    Happy Pink Saturday greetings from Holland,
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning!! I love all your vintage pieces and displays!
    A beautiful post, so glad I stopped by! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how creative and beautiful! Your beautiful post has inspired me.
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so clever with your jewelry displays. I truly enjoyed visiting and seeing all your great work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday!


    Love all these vintage jewelry pieces and the card for Beverly is awesome!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Pink Saturday I !Love vintage jewelry pieces, SO CUTE!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  14. The queen of pink! Lovely

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Big Hugs
    Charo

    ReplyDelete
  15. The last photograph was quite an honor for Beverly. You are one creative person. HPS!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful display Amanda! Very clever of you. I love Karen at the Graphics Fairy-she's awesome!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAPPY PINK SATURDAY
    Adore your style. I must become a Follower
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Boy, it's hard to pick a favorite amongst all those beautiful pieces, Amanda! Happy Memorial Weekend...be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy PS 3rd Birthday. There's a lot to celebrate! You certainly have a way with display - I love what you've done and your photos are top notch too - well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. HPS! Amanda, this is beautiful. You have such a wonderful talent, displaying these beautiful jewelry pieces. I am dazzled! Enjoy the weekend. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  21. What beautiful jewelry! That hair pick is gorgeous!!! I love the way you display your pretties!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love your post, Amanda!! Did you see my syroco frame? It has the ballerina image in it (it's in my 2 Market 2 Market section.) You and I have such similar taste because we love all the same images! This post is soooo beautiful, my friend...pure loveliness!!!
    Happy Pink Saturday to you!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amanda,
    I have so enjoyed my visit here...your blog is just darling! I love the pink bling-y crown...just perfect for P.S.
    I have only been to the camas antique store once...it was a great store! Monticello is my have-to visit shop every time we venture over that way....looking forward to reading more. THANKS for the visit and sweet words over my way.
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow amazing cards Hope you have a fun week Laura

    ReplyDelete
  25. yAHOO my blogger is up again so I came to visit you. So glad I did. Lovely post.

    HBDAYPS

    LL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Amanda! I love how you display your jewelry..so beautiful and creative.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am smitten by your jewelry displays, too. Just lovely.

    Happy Pink Saturday! I'm still visiting around. Hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoyed seeing your jewelry and how you display it. I'm trying to come up with unusual ways to use a little bling here and there.
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Faye
    (wildrosevintage)

    ReplyDelete
  29. You've got such creative ideas here...that pearl necklace is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

    HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Amanda, your displays are absolutely gorgeous.... I went back and looked at them over and over, and the jewelry is beautiful, I'm in love with that collar!!! I have finally after a year been able to add you and other to my blog roll, so glad to have that fixed... now I can better keep up with my favorite blogs! Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!
    hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  31. Amanda, I was trying to find a email for you, but didn't see one... I'm very interested in the pink collar... I saw where you have a store, but do you ship things, and if so would love to know the price if you still have it!
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ah, Amanda. It is all gorgeous. And, you must know I love the Queen of Pink card. Wow! It is just exquisite.

    Happy Pink Saturday, and thank you for all you do to make Pink Saturday special.♥

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like your work, and your blog!
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amanda,
    You have done a wonderful job with this vintage jewelry. I love the way you used the vintage graphics to display it. Very nice! Thanks for linking it up!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Amanda, what a fabulous post. the jewelry, your ideas for display and the photography all put it "over the top" beautiful! Thank you for linking up the VIF, and for sharing all the inspiration!! xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  36. You have such a wonderful touch. Thank you for sharing your ideas, Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Such a pretty post- love your vintage jewelry and you have displayed it so beautifully! Love the little earrings on your graphic~ Thanks for sharing at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet notes! I love hearing from you!