Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ruffles, Roses and Rhinestones - A Rocking Chair Makeover


My dear friend Judy gave me this little rocker several months ago.  She suggested it needed paint and as she was in the process of clearing out her space at the antique store, it seemed that she didn't need anymore project pieces lying around her home.  So, she was generous enough to pass this little piece,  packed with potential on to me!  Thanks again, Judy!  I was happy to add it to my collection of "projects in process" - a collection my husband wishes would disappear out of his garage.  During one of our recent lovely sunny Fall days I finally got started...dragged the little rocker out into the backyard and sprayed it an "heirloom white."  Next, it got the "distressed" treatment.  And finally, today I finished up the little ruffled cushion and throw pillow.   

Believe it or not, I found this pretty rose chintz fabric at an estate sale!  I've already made several things with it and have plenty more for future projects.  I just love the soft colors and delicate little roses and forget-me-nots.









I will be adding this little darling to my space at the shop this week.  I hope it finds a good home with a little girl who will truly enjoy it!

I have a girlfriend who has given new live to numerous tired little wooden rocking chairs.  Working on this one reminded me of her and took me down memory lane to the days when we did holiday bazaars together!  She would bring several little rockers to add to our inventory of shabby Christmas crafts and they were always the first items to fly out the door!  In fact, they usually sold to other vendors before the bazaar even started!  I thought it would be fun to post a pic from one of our shows, circa 2006!  I hope Nicki doesn't mind my sharing...
We had so much fun crafting and selling our girly creations!

I am linking this post up to My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday as well as Common Ground's Vintage Inspiration Friday.  If you have a minute, check out Ms. Cindy's page to see more Show and Tell posts from other bloggers, or Ms. Debra's for some vintage inspiration!  Better yet, join in the fun and add your own post!  Thank you for stopping by!  Best Wishes and God Bless!  -Amanda